Lifted Trucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
None of the Bro Buggies around my house aren't particularly loud, but those LEDs in my face aren't fun.

My main wish is that if they're going to do it, I wish they'd do it right. This half-[censored]ed creation out of proportion, IMO. If you lift it for that much clearance in the wheel wells, spend the $$$ for bigger wheels & tires.

Proportions.jpeg

Nice 3500. Same color (dark slate metallic) as my daughter's 2018 3500 Chev. (graphite metallic) Without lifting, we managed 285/75/18s on the stock wheels.
Mine; 2011 GMC 2500 Z-71, not lifted or leveled with 295/65/20 Toyo CTs on 20x10 Fuel cyclone wheels.

As long as I am not directly affected (HID lights, super loud, aggressive driving, etc.) I say all to their own. We still have a bit of freedom still intact here in the USA. Lift away!

Originally Posted by pandus13
Originally Posted by ls1mike
Originally Posted by 4WD
Worst I have seen lately was a cube car … so much for stereotypical comments

Happy Birthday

Thanks!

Happy Birthday!

Will you watch with the kids a U-boat movie?

P.S. by your opinion, what is the best Captain Nemo movie/movie sequence?

Thanks!!!

Will I make the kids watch Submarine movies?....Mike laughs in Submarine. I make everyone in the family watch every submarine movie I can find LOL!!
I may have to move in with you soon, but only if you like submarine movies...LOL

I haven't seen that one in years, but tell you what I know what I making everyone watch this weekend. I will report back.

Originally Posted by spavel6
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that 60% of truck purchases are aspirational anyway. People buy trucks to make a statement, and because they feel their lifestyle requires a truck.

An example is the huge trend towards double-cab short-bed mid-size trucks. The bed on these is comically small - might as well just get an SUV at that point..

We're buying an extended cab, and I get the strangest looks at the dealership when I go in asking for a truck with an actual usable bed.

I had to look for a few weeks till I found a single cab long bed tundra . I got a huge discount and found out it had been on the lot for 8 months

EVERY time I see a lifted truck with a short dude -- 5ft. 4in. or smaller roll out -- I laugh my ARSE OFF!!!! Short man syndrome at its finest. Lol

Last edited:
I took the other approach with my 2015 Chevy 2500. I put on a set of McGaughy's 2" drop shackles on the back and took some of the rake out of the pickup. Made it sooo much easier to get in and out of the bed to get things. Still left about 1.5" of rake. I then installed a set of 1500# urethane foam SumoSprings in back and front to improve ride and support. Along with ditching the stock Rancho shocks and putting on a set of Bilstein 4600's. Nice comfortable ride and I can haul well over a ton of stuff in the back and it still doesn't slouch in the back. Nary a problem with off road work around my rural property and local gravel roads. I am not sure why others want to elevate their trucks into nose bleed territory and put megaphones on their exhaust pipes. There can be no way they are actually using those pickups for real work. It would take a step ladder just to get in and out of the bed. Oh, I did put on the next size wider tires. Needed tires anyway.

I think a 2" lift or so with some slightly oversized meaty AT tires looks pretty good.

Not a fan of the oversized mud tires with tiny side walls. In fact, I don't even see the point aside from just looks.

I remember seeing people making "street rods" out of single cab trucks back in the late 1980s. They would lower them to passenger car height (not low riders, heavens no!) and put hot rod wheels on them (Cragars,Centerlines,etc),and mod out the engines. I really liked it.

Yeah … guy here has built and sold a few from the Colly/Canyon GMT355 platform … think they like those wheel wells when they get "in the weeds" low

It's all ego related. A 3-4" lift should be enough to clear bigger off road tires. 6" lift is good for clearance over obstacles, BUT pointless on a crew cab/long bed set up because the underbody will still drag.

I wouldn't mind a lifted truck just so I can drive road roads my Subaru would bottom out on. I used to like loud straight piped exhausts but now I find it annoying. I rather have a quieter, well engineered exhaust with mufflers so I can hear it without droning, or active valves.

Lot of ball busters here on lifted trucks, I love em, I've not had one in a long time but sure miss having one. I'd love to convert my current 94 E150 5.8L conversion van to a 4x4 with about 6" Of lift and 44"x 18.5 x 15" tires/wheels. There just fun to drive around. I'll never do it being I like my van for long trips and it would ruin it for that.
I don't see why conversion vans are not more popular than they were. Total comfort sitting in leather captains chairs cruising down the highway.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back