Blue blocker glasses for night driving experiences

Status
Not open for further replies.
An experiment to try If you ever have access to different color lasers. In a moderately lit large indoor room shine each color laser on a far wall 50' should be good. For each color you should see exactly one dot on the wall. Surprisingly what some of you may find like i did is that the blue laser you may see more than 1 dot ...i could clearly see 4 dots in a square pattern about 4" apart. This is the effect of your eyes not being able to focus on different colors (wavelengths) of light to the same degree of quality. and that distorted color will composite itself with all the other colors into what you see and distract from the true image. just like listening to music with an aggravating background noise or hiss hides some fidelity and detracts from the perception of the true sound.

For bright headlights in the blue spectrum you could see how filtering it will remove this noise from the picture.

Originally Posted by dave1251
Originally Posted by Dave9
It's high time that law enforcement stepped up and dealt with these people who create dangerous conditions on public roads.

I had to laugh at the cataract question. All human eyes respond poorly to intense cold color temperature light. Heh, even NASA is complaining about the view from outer space.

I laugh at all we with weak eyes. This really is the first time I have ever read about people complaining about all the headlights on the road. Hey Grandpa's quit driving at night.

People never complain about headlights on the road because they are too busy texting and not looking at the road.
lol.gif

I have an issue with glare from certain vehicles, and I'm 29. It seems a lot of the headlights with these issues are GM (Caddys, newer HD trucks) and some newer Acura SUVs. I also live in a fairly hilly area, so if you come around the corner at the wrong angle facing a set of projectors or LEDs you are blinded.

A friend of mine had Lasik done, and she complains of bad night vision. She recently got a Lexus GX460, her previous car was a Subaru Forester and her husband's Navigator with OEM HIDs.

She's looking at getting nighttime driving glasses, as Lasik does alter your cornea/lens.

Thanks for the interesting replies!
I had ordered the Uvex yesterday, but I understand they are easily scratched, so I'll be looking for some yellow polarized ones later if I like the blue blocking effect. I'm not trying to improve night vision, just trying to see something instead of nothing.

Originally Posted by 01rangerxl
Originally Posted by zorobabel

Alternatively, it's time for revenge and I'll run the most glaring headlight combination possible even if it doesn't improve my view of the road

Time for a bro bar?

[Linked Image]

I hope you guys understand that was an attempt at light entertainment. That being said, I'm keeping an eye out for a bro bar powered by a big lithium battery pack, with a sensor that detects blue light mounted on the bar; when blue is detected, the bar goes from firefly mode to turbo strobe mode. Bliss
smile.gif

OMG, glad I stumbled across this post... I'm needing some help at night (34 now and my night vision has been struggling in the past 5, not helped by a near-lifetime at a computer screen probably).
Time to go to the optometrist; I truly don't like going anywhere *ahem* blind *ahem* without any technical background of what could be going on...

We are all nerds on an oil forum after all
lol.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back