Car at dealership for to long for service

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought my own part hella control module. I only told them to install it and program. I'm going to go over there at the dealership w/o calling them.

Originally Posted by Rohan
I bought my own part hella control module. I only told them to install it and program. I'm going to go over there at the dealership w/o calling them.

Did you buy another eBay part and ask them to code it for you?

It sounds like they are trying to avoid the job altogether and are hoping you will give up on waiting.

I had something similar once and dealer put over 500 miles on car as they were using it for something else and my full tank of gas couldn't even make it to the nearest gas station before running out. Wouldn't fess up to anything and lied about miles and what they did.

If it was at a supposed tuner shop with a name that rhymes with your State name, I'd suspect they were stealing parts off it, and selling them...

whistle.gif

You are NOW introducing information not previously revealed. MB dealer installing owner supplied parts??

That doesn't excuse the poor treatment you have received but it is asking for something that is quite a stretch.

An Indy shop is one thing; a MB dealer is something else.

Last edited:
I'm going to go over there at the dealership w/o calling them.

Indeed!
You should have gone over there unannounced 2 weeks ago. And arrived with a lawyer friend. And your camera.

Last edited:

Ah... that's at least part of what is wrong... They are sending you a message they don't want your type...

That reminds me of an issue I had with a Ford van back in the early 80's. I took it in for them to look at the roof, there was a spot down the center of it which wasn't painted. They said they'd have it for 2 days and take care of it. After 2 weeks I decided to pay them a visit, because the excuses they gave me on the phone when I called to check on the status sounded like total B-S. Long story short I saw the van, the roof was caved in and the sides bowed out, they totaled it.......Not good, for them. I'd pay them a visit and look the car over real good.

That was nice to omit that part of the story. That is the last car that will get in the door, I am surprised they even took that job.

I did not buy eBay part. I bought hella control module from fcpeuro. I'm going today to check it out. One time he told me that car was on rack after he called me last week about price change from $270 to $360

I bought my own part hella control module. I only told them to install it and program.

That's like bringing a steak from the supermarket to a restaurant and asking them to cook it for you. What do you think will happen if the programming goes wrong and they brick the module? You'll still be on the hook for the labor and be out the cost of the module.

Is the car not drivable? Seems odd story to leave it there that long to install aftermarket parts which any reputable dealer would avoid doing as they cannot warranty work and have to charge by hour no matter what outcome is even if you supply bad parts.

No need to bring a baseball bat with you, but visiting in person & talking (calmly and respectfully) face to face usually brings better results. Its a lot easier to shine someone on over the phone, text or email than it is when you are discussing in person.

Originally Posted by atikovi
I bought my own part hella control module. I only told them to install it and program.

That's like bringing a steak from the supermarket to a restaurant and asking them to cook it for you. What do you think will happen if the programming goes wrong and they brick the module? You'll still be on the hook for the labor and be out the cost of the module.

Yeah...

I'm surprised that they even took the job. Most would flat out refuse.

You want to buy parts from FCP and save a few bucks on a module, then pony up and get your own copy of STAR (mine runs on a Dell laptop) and program the module yourself.

Let me start at the beginning I had 1st eBay control module install by the body shop with new headlamp then I took it to the mercede dealership to get it programming but then mercede told me that driver side controls module is not communicating with the diagnostic they used. They told me I need a other control module so this time I bought a other name brand hella control module and drop it off 3 weeks ago for have them install hella control module n programming. I did called him yesterday n he didn't answer someone else did n told me that my service advisor will call me back which he didn't. So today I'm going after I get off from work w/o calling them.

I know is my fault.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by 02SE
If it was at a supposed tuner shop with a name that rhymes with your State name, I'd suspect they were stealing parts off it, and selling them...

whistle.gif

I still make sure to remind people of that when they mention that certain shop. All of the vehicles they build are forever tainted to me.

It sounds to me like they're just being douchebags and blew you off temporarily by putting your car at the very end of the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back