Anyone familiar with ALGO car buying service?

I will be selling my Audi S3 soon and am considering one of the car buying services. I got a few online estimates yesterday from Carvana, Carmax, Vroom and ALGO. I had never heard of ALGO before. They made the highest offer yesterday and texted me today upping that offer by $500. They have been more aggressive than the others with texts and phone calls, which leaves me feeling less than warm and fuzzy. So have any of you used ALGO or know anything about them? I'm leaning toward Vroom which gave the second highest offer, but at least I've heard of them.

Vroom was my least favorite to sell to. Never heard of ALGO which immediately makes me leery. Vroom wants you to send the title in, then ship them the car on one of their contracted transports before you see a dime. Worked out fine in the end but didn't feel great during.

I almost sold a car to Agro. The whole situation changed with the vehicle involved so it didn't get sold at all.

However, I'm pretty sure I was going to get a higher offer from a local dealer.

Worth checking your local VW/Audi dealer to see if they'll buy it. If it's desirable, they may beat the online offers.

Just sold my Lexus gs through Carmax. It was a smooth experience. I was honest in the online appraisal entry and they quoted be a couple thou above carvana. I took it in and they looked at it for half an hour and then came back agreeing with the online offer. I was expecting them to knock it down some but they didn’t. They wrote me a check and I handed them the keys.

but get this. Apparently I still had some extended warranty left on it, though I’m not sure how. 2 weeks later they sent me a check for the remaining warranty. Who does that? I called them to make sure it wasn’t an error.

note - in self-appraising my car, even though it shines up nice, was in perfect working order and had really good tires on it, I just selected “good” and said one body panel needed a repaint. the litmus I used was *not considering it’s age,* ie, not “it’s excellent for a 10 year old car!” but rather generally, compared to something new, its only “good.”

Back