What features do you appreciate the most on your vehicle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by BMWTurboDzl
Originally Posted by ARCOgraphite

The car has ABSOLUTELY terrible wheel hop in the snow or rain. It can start unexpectedly and sounds like the 1/2 shafts are about to launch.

I experienced the same thing 10 yrs ago when I road tested a Jetta TDI in the dry.

I'll mention it to the VW service centre when im in for an alignment and Oil Change and see what they say. Should I get it on tape? Should be funny. I have one of those olympus digital pen recorders somewhere ....

Originally Posted by spasm3
Originally Posted by user52165

It's amazing how many don't like Proximity keys, push button start until they have actually used them.

Our cx-5 has keyless, and push button start. I don't like it.

Now I am nostalgic for the ignition cylinder right on the dash next to the radio volume
smile.gif
[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by PimTac
Originally Posted by spasm3
Originally Posted by user52165

It's amazing how many don't like Proximity keys, push button start until they have actually used them.

Our cx-5 has keyless, and push button start. I don't like it.

Why? I like the fact the fob stays in my pocket. I don't use the proximity lock/unlock function though. I prefer to use the touch buttons to unlock all doors. That way I am sure everything is locked.

As for pushbutton start, there is no fumbling with a key. It's actually a simpler operation.

The settings give you some options to customize the fob operation.

The pushbutton keyless remote is so much larger than the door unlock fob for my Elantra. There is not room on my key ring for it. I've misplaced it several times since it's separate from my key ring, and Almost sent it through the washing machine.

I can even do without a fob as a key is much smaller. I also worry about someone opening the passenger door after you turn your back but are still in proximity.

The pushbutton start just feels gimmicky .

Originally Posted by eljefino
The key fob-- approach the car and it unlocks, keep it in my pocket and it starts. And I used to hate the idea until I had it.

I hate the auto-down window-- I guess I can override it by gently pushing the switch, but I do it by feel. I really like just cracking the window about 4 inches and it overshoots most of the time.

I agree. And its on both of our cars. My Linc Mkx and my wife's Lexus ES 350.
It's especially annoying when you want to leave the windows cracked when it's parked.

Bluetooth and hands free phone operation and heated and cooled leather seats. Jury is still out on a heated steering wheel.

Right now probably the Bluetooth. Rear camera is nice too but the ability to stream, talk, and listen without wires is terrific.

Yeah, driving the Hyundai daily now. Most appreciated are: heated seats, V6 power, and XM. Everything else - not important.

I'm not used to having much equipment on my vehicles as I'm rather the type of guy who believes that the less gadgets you have, the less things can break. However a very useful feature came standard on my wife's basic van (2004 Sienna CE) : when you turn on the rear defroster, the side mirrors also heat up and deice themselves in the winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back