What features do you appreciate the most on your vehicle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The question popped into my head earlier today, when my Rain Sense wipers kicked on as I left the garage. I really can't describe how much I enjoy this feature.

Besides the wipers, I really like the exit feature of the power seat and steering column. I'm not disabled in any way, but it really does make getting in and out easier.

Auto up and down front windows. This one is just a bonus, but I like being able to click and go.

I like the smart wipers too … but voice activated Navigation is a big favorite !

Decades old technology like a/c, seat belts or power locks or century old technology like doors excepted.

A year ago I went from a Buick Encore which was relatively gadget rich to a Kia Soul+ which was gadget poor.

The only two items which were indispensable in the Soul were Bluetooth and a backup camera. The Soul is a better vehicle but if it didn't those two items I would have passed.

Last edited:
Adaptive headlights that aim into corners and are self leveling.

220hp, 258 torques with a 6-speed manual transmission...getting 35mpg.

Auto down/up for ALL windows.

My key fob never needs to leave my pocket to lock/unlock/open the hatch and operate the car.

The key fob-- approach the car and it unlocks, keep it in my pocket and it starts. And I used to hate the idea until I had it.

I hate the auto-down window-- I guess I can override it by gently pushing the switch, but I do it by feel. I really like just cracking the window about 4 inches and it overshoots most of the time.

Yeah the outside temp gauge is good particularly when it lets me know of suddenly dropping temps near freezing.

I don't like the bright yellow "special snowflake" light that comes on (flashing for a few before going solid) at 37 degrees though.

Proximity keys and push button start, heated seats, and the LCD center dash with the analogue speedometer and tachometer. The LCD lets me cycle between trip, fuel economy, coolant temp, oil temp, oil pressure, trans temp, battery voltage, tire pressure, radio, and a digital speedometer. Turn by turn nav also will show up which is incredibly nice.

I love the 8.4" uconnect as well.

the third pedal + the floor shifter for sure, manual tranny's only for me!!

Having 395HP on demand, The instrument cluster that has coolant temp, trans temp, oil temp and oil pressure right in the middle, easy to see. A/c of course and none of the extra fancy stuff that I have no use for.

Originally Posted by benjy
the third pedal + the floor shifter for sure, manual tranny's only for me!!

Last new car purchase with a manual transmission was an '02 Elantra. Manual transmissions were a must have for me in the eighties and early nineties. The new automatics are so good, though.

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
Brakes.

Started driving my mother's 1950 Chevy when I was eight (small town in South Dakota where laws did not apply). Used to look through the steering wheel with the seat all the way up. My grandmother thought I was speeding and opened the door and put her heal out on the pavement-- at about seventy miles an hour. Sure her metal heal clip was throwing sparks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back