Walmart work boots

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 months of use and this is what happened.

IMG_20190129_202659073.jpg

Check out a Sears near you. Business reports don't match the look of open stores.
Mine is currently running shoe/boot specials.

STORY: A new pair of upper quality work boots appeared and our husband & wife shoe shop found 'em a home quickly.

MORAL: People need good shoes.

Do you take them off by stepping on that part of the boot with your other boot and pulling your foot out?

When I think work boots, Walmart is pretty low on my list. Not trying to be a boot snob, but I use US made Thorogood boots and the soles wear out before the leather ever gives up.

You usually get what you pay for. Return them to Walmart ans ask for a refund or replacement.

I got them for free because somebody quit at my job and they were like brand new. I would never buy these ever trust me Lol I usually use wolverine durashock work boots or redwings.

I won't say everything at walmart is cheap, but, well... I have been buying footwear there the last few months, and if lasts longer than 3 months I'm ok with that. I can pay vastly more for shoes elsewhere that last longer but fit just as poorly, so lately I haven't bothered (narrow feet, hard to find shoes).

I hear you on that. I bought a pair of knock off skate shoes from Walmart and went out skating and no joke my foot was screwed up for alike 2 weeks. I decided to take the insoles out and the flat sole part underneath where the insoles seats was not flat it had like an uneven part that caused my foot to tweak. I will never buy footwear from there for that very reason. You get what you pay for.

"Some" Redwings are crap. I used to get a free pair bought for me every year by my employer so I was an extra year stocked up on them, but I only worked there part time so no time to wear them out. I set a brand new, never used pair on linoleum and the tread GLUED (really GOOED, lol) itself to the floor and I was scraping up tar.

This was a clean indoor area and the rubber just turned to sludge. Thank goodness I didn't have them in my carpeted closet where after putting them on I could have tracked black goo into the carpet in multiple rooms before realizing what happened. These were the type with the spongy rubber not their maximum density hard rubber. Unfortunately they were already past the 12 month warranty. If I'd paid out of my own pocket I might gotten them retreaded but as I mentioned I had no shortage of boots.

Last edited:
I bought a pair of Walmart boots about two years ago and they've been pretty good. Only wear them around the house for working on cars and cutting grass. Now for work I have a pair of 511 boots and Red Wings also. Both have been very good

I really like Thorogood boots. The classic moc toe style is what I like. These are USA made boots and they are listed that way in their catalog. They hold up well. Like someone else said, the sole will wear out before the leather upper. Thorogood has an option to send your boots back to them to be resoled for a fee.

Yeh your right with redwings sometimes it's hit or miss. I tried the Irish setter ones and they were complete garbage I had them for 4 months. On the other hand I was given 2 pairs of leather redwings that were resoled and the lasted me 7 years. Is redwing still made in the USA or is it made in China now. I feel like the quality isn't the way it once was.

Originally Posted by Skater4life27
Is redwing still made in the USA or is it made in China now. I feel like the quality isn't the way it once was.

The short answer is yes, they are made in the USA. However, that can mean all made in the USA, made in the USA from imported materials, or assembled in the USA from imported materials. The website will let you search accordingly.

I wear custom Justin work boots, They measured my feet & had me try on several pairs to get the width right......Picked the style I want (Cowboy-Cut pull on, Steel Toe Work Boot). They put in the order & assigned me a number for no-hassle reordering.
I order 2 pairs a year & it takes up to 4 months at times to get them; Can't usually find off the shelve footwear (6'4" 240# 12.5EEE) IF I do find a shoe wide enough.....They are a size 13-14.5.

$300 a year for boots is a good deal in my opinion, And they're nice enough to wear out to dinner or a funeral when new.

After many years of Wolverines and Red Wings I bought a set of Hawkz from the boot barn. $200 a pair and so far I'm not impressed. I've only had them a few weeks but they are showing some signs of distress and the laces are fraying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back