Do you rotate your boots?

Do you rotate your boots? I have in the past (if I own two pairs of good boots); I find it allows them to dry out and maintains the sole on them better, plus gives me a different feeling or something (not sure how to describe it. Right now, currently, I’m not rotating my boots, but I do see the value in it if you can afford two pairs.

Some interesting takes on the matter...

I also like boot maintenance techniques...some of which I’ve tried, others I haven’t. I’ve also gone through fazes where I don’t maintain boots at all.

The most interesting thing I’ve read is that each boot will wear a little differently, no matter if it’s the same brand, due to differences in break-in/etc, and this is a benefit - it allows you to have less impact on your body (kind of like rotating tires, except your body is the thing being saved). I get that, I’ve felt that.

Do you rotate your boots? Do you maintain them? Always looking to hear opinions on work boots.

I do not. I wear one set for work. I do have an at home set too that I don’t trust for work cause they are cheap so I wear those at home as boots are my preferred shoe type. But work only one set of boots then I wear them out and buy more. Typically they last me three years so that’s good enough for me.

Don't own any boots except some mudders I use once or twice a year when going to a junkyard after a rain. And just wear the same Nike sneakers 360 days a year until they wear out.

Don't own any boots except some mudders I use once or twice a year when going to a junkyard after a rain. And just wear the same Nike sneakers 360 days a year until they wear out.
Where do you buy your Nike's at?

No, but I rarely wear boots. Someday I hope to find some that fit.

People custom make them e every day not tough to find a boot to fit.
Have heard of that, just never gone down that path (need to find a good shop/retailer/whatever, then pick a style, etc). Lot of money to try something out.

I rotate between work boots/shoes as well as loafers and sneakers. I try to take care of them, I wish more were made that were readily fixed.
The different wear from pair to pair makes sense, there have to be differences in the material and most shoes probably have a harsh life.

1691885262251.jpg
I could use some of these boots . :ROFLMAO:

I used to both rotate and not, depending on whether they were completely dry by the next time I was going to wear them. They usually were unless they'd gotten muddy and needed cleaned off, then I'd set them over an HVAC vent to get some airflow in winter or summer, or point a small fan at them when the HVAC wasn't running as often.

Have heard of that, just never gone down that path (need to find a good shop/retailer/whatever, then pick a style, etc). Lot of money to try something out.
Frank's
JK' boots
Whites
I do own a pair of JK boots that set you 600 dollars the do come cheaper but not much

Frank's
JK' boots
Whites
I do own a pair of JK boots that set you 600 dollars the do come cheaper but not much
Looks like they are biased for the other coast. Anyhow, still a good idea, I could stand to go into a real shoe store one of these days, one that would know what I want for a custom boot. Mostly just a decent hiker, I use Bean boots for slush and snow.

I wear Pro Warrington Honeywell Pro Series firefighter boots for fire investigations. I have to scrub them with simple green after every use to decon them - which is hard on the boots…but work pays for them so I don’t worry about it too much.

Otherwise I’m wearing Red Wing electrical hazard boots or a standard pair of Red Wings that are both fairly old at this point and have been holding up well.

So I rotate between 3 pairs of boots depending on what my duties are for the day.

If I’m not wearing boots I’m wearing Merrill hiking shoes for everyday wear.

Last edited:
I need two pair

Which I might be looking at since my single pair of Thoroughgood steel toes has moisture damage. I'd never had the time to dry it out where it would still feel wet the next day.

Back