What interesting things have you found in used cars you have bought?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't a used car but a brand new one. I purchased a new Chevy Nova hatchback in 1973. While cleaning it one day, I removed the back seat and found a half eaten baloney sandwich in a sandwich bag. I'm surprised the car didn't stink.

Just random tools, ratchet straps, etc.

Found some broken glass which makes me think a window was broken at one point in time.

Last edited:
In my VW, under rear seat a small purse with 23 one dollar coins and a pair of reading glasses. Just bought a Pathfinder, $3.25 in coins and pair of reading glasses. Bought a brand new 78 Pontiac Trans Am, in the trunk rear wheel well area found a ball of putty and a screwdriver.

I bought my first car, a 1970 Grand Prix, in 1987. After a wreck about four years later, I was stripping parts out before its trip to the junkyard.

Under the console, I found a little wooden one-hitter pipe with some smoking material still in the bowl.

Luckily, the K-9 cops in southern Louisiana pulled me over in the next car instead of that one.

Also, there were some beer bottles in the trunk that had fallen down into the rear fenders. This had been a Chicago car, and I discovered them from underneath. I suppose that's more appropriate for the "rustiest vehicle" thread.

Originally Posted by qdeezie
.........when I was a kid in the 80s, (I'm going to say age 10 or less) my dad bought a junk 70s model Pontiac Grand Prix that had a Chevrolet 350 engine in it that he was removing to rebuild and put in his truck.

when I was a kid in the 80's, probably around 10 or so, My brother bought a 79 Grand Prix, and swapped in a 350 out of someone's truck...
small world.

Two $20 bills tucked away in the owners manual of a used 2001 Saturn SL I bought. Bought me my first two tanks of gas with them.

I used to work for a auto repair shop and towing service. Alot of the vehicles we towed were broken down abandoned cars off the interstate. We found all kinds of interesting things in them.
But the one popped into my head first as I read this title was Acid. As in the drugs. Quite a bit of it too. I didnt keep it, and I dont know whatever happened if it got thrown out or the owner kept it.

Bought a 1985 Accord SEi in 1988 from a used car dealer.
In the trunk was a baseball bat.
Tucked between the rear seat and back cushions was a little baggie of cocaine.
Gave it to a friend (who actually identified what it was) who likes that stuff. He was very appreciative.

It was not mot mine but one of my father's used car buys, a loaded 1966 Ford Custom 500 he bought in 1968. A real nice clean good car. It belonged to a cigarette salesmen and was his company car that I guess he bought cheap to sell. There were many dozens of 2 packs of sample cigarettes I found inside the car and trunk. I was 14 at the time and my friends and I really enjoyed acting "cool" by smoking for free for a while. After that none of us ever smoked again
lol.gif

Whimsey

We were on vacation, and I was a freshman in college. We took a trip out to Yellowstone...my dad riding his motorcycle, my mom driving an S10 with my sis in the passenger seat pulling a small camper, and me driving my newly purchased Cavalier Z24 in the back driving a stick with a broken leg. I was supposed to be riding with my dad, but I had just been in a motorcycle accident which broke my leg. I had just bought the car from a small town just north of us, and super excited to have something "modern" with fuel injection. After we hit our destination, it was my duty to ferry the family around, as I had the only transport that all four of us could fit in. Well, after some sort of hard braking incident, I remember my mom who was riding shotgun reaching down and grabbing something...then holding it high in the air and exclaiming quite loudly, "what the he!! is this?". I looked over and asked what it was, as I truly did not know. It was a baggy of tightly sealed weed...denial followed...etc. My mom tossed it out the window. We carried on with vacation, and I am still not sure if my parents believed me, or they just didn't want to ruin vacation. Either way, it was not mine, but I am sure some happy hitchhiker found a HUGE score some time later.

Flat spare tires. Every single used car I ever bought came with a completely flat spare tire.

I bought my Yukon from a woman who obviously had a drug problem. I cleared out pills when I bought it and just the grossness left by her. Fast Forward a year, I pulled the whole interior out to re-carpet and found more pills and a picture of her premature baby in an incubator! Not sure what the pills were, bright pink, melted casing.

Another oddity, for this $1500 truck, the apparently somewhat wealthy parents sent a lawyer to handle the sale. Seemed probable that the lawyer was also sleeping with said daughter who was still not too bad looking.

Absolutely every used vehicle I have purchased has "gifted" me with a variety of change and random hand tools (sockets, screwdrivers, pliers, crescent wrench are what I recall right now). My son's '96 Tacoma Extended Cab had a nice Kabar-type survival knife, jumper cables, and shop manual in one of the compartments under the rear seat area. My latest used truck came with some Navy challenge coins in a seat pocket, which I returned to the dealer to give back to the previous owner. I was able to get that owner's name (previously unavailable) and talk with him about his experience with the truck. Turned out we had some common acqaintances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back