iPad through TV?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible for me to connect my iPad through my TV? I want to watch a documentary with my father and it's only available on YouTube

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn’t know the new iPads were coming with telekinetic functionality - cool!

13.gif

I can mirror my iPad using my Amazon FireTV.

I hate to be a pain, but did you Google? There are Lightning-to-HDMI cable adapters, if you don’t have screen mirroring capabilities. At he very least, you’d need to tell us models of each. Apple iPad 1 with an old CRT tv is different than a brand new iPad Pro and the latest smart TV.

Last edited:
I have a TiVo connected to my TV and can "cast" using the YouTube app on my phone. I can also do so at my GF's place and she has a smart TV. As long as your TV is capable of running the YT app, using an external device (Chromecast, Roku, etc.) or built-in capability, you can do it.

*through*

Sorry, had to. It was bothering me... and you know you were all thinking it.

As others have said, Chromecast.. Many Roku devices can also support this kind of thing.

Originally Posted By: gathermewool

13.gif

Wouldn't that require a real brain? Hard to say though as I'm not sure telekinesis is a real ability.

Anyway, it could always be an app that controls a robot that throws TV's. But I'm not sure how useful or how much that would really cost. But you could do it without involving telekinesis.

Originally Posted By: AZjeff
Darn. Was hoping for a pic of an ipad sticking out of a TV screen....

Yes!

Half way through......

We did this before with a roku device and I have done it before with a chromecast.

I think roku works better for standalone use, and chrome cast is intended for streaming from the tablet to the big screen.

I say pick up a chrome cast for 29 dollars at walmart and see how you like it.

We use them a lot, I watch a lot of documentaries from youtube as well.

An AppleTV “AirPlays” and screen mirrors any other Apple device very nicely.

I'm doing it now - the TV has a Roku connected to it, and the Roku has a YouTube app. Cast. After I start the cast I can close the iPad's YouTube app and the video keeps playing on the TV.
The iPad's sitting on a charger now, cover closed. Video is still on my TV.

Originally Posted By: Wolf359
Originally Posted By: gathermewool

13.gif

Wouldn't that require a real brain?

Well, that...and for telekinesis to be real. Details, though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back