X to compete with YouTube for video watching consumers

GON

$100 Site Donor 2024
I can see Elon being successful if Amazon and Samsung are going to put the X streaming app directly in their smart TV's. The whole point most post stuff on Youtube is to get paid - ie add revenue. A lot of smaller channels are throttled if they post anything that is something Meta doesn't like - so there is no reason you tube producers couldn't migrate to X if the pay was better.

I watch videos on Twitter - now X - some recorded, and some live called "spaces". I wouldn't use Twitter when that other clown ran it because it was over-run with politics, but now I only get tweets from people I am subscribed to, and the only politics I get are the occasional political ad, that clearly say "ad" at the top and I can scroll on by. I think if I paid a fee I could go add free. I don't get any crap I am not interested in like before.

To be fair I only follow economists and similar. I haven't seen much in the way of automotive, so at this point at least there may not be much there for people here. There are a handful of outdoor fishing / hunting posters, or that's the only other thing I found of any interest when I went looking. I think they migrated from youtube because anything with a firearm over there gets throttled.

YouTube app is built into my TV, as well as a browser that would play this content. You can also CAST TV programs from your tablet or phone to several different TV dongles, such as Chromecast, ROKU, etc.
It's all about the advertising dollars/clicks anyway, so I'm not a huge fan.

I watch videos on Twitter - now X - some recorded, and some live called "spaces". I wouldn't use Twitter when that other clown ran it because it was over-run with politics, but now I only get tweets from people I am subscribed to, and the only politics I get are the occasional political ad, that clearly say "ad" at the top and I can scroll on by. I think if I paid a fee I could go add free. I don't get any crap I am not interested in like before.
I watch videos clips on TwitterX now, cause cool people are on it, and running it. Alex Jones, Tucker Carlson, Don Jr. it´s all
good. Likewise the good TikToK videos get reposted, so I do not support Chinese spyware, stupid dance videos, and 14 year olds telling me how we are all going to die from human caused warming.

Last edited:
YouTube censors way too much. We really do need platforms where one can watch, for example, instructional firearm, self defense, and risk related videos. Not to mention medical informational videos. If Google/YouTube does not like a particular message, they demonetize then ban. No thanks.

In to watch the Musk haters!!

I hope he succeeds. Only because YouTube is so stupid now, needs some better competition. YouTube is antifreedom, which OK they can be, but other platforms should allow better truth seekers.
What? You've never watched "Why Files" ? What could possibly be more truthful than that?

Didn’t read the article but I watch a lot of YouTube. I keep it on in the background while at work and when I’m home alone.

I agree 100% YouTube needs competition! Far too much censorship on what content is allowed and/or “demonized”.

GON, smart TVs tie into this as a lot of people are consuming YouTube on their TVs now. So if X has an app on the popular TVs this will be an increase if the access of content.

FWIW I’ve never been on twitter/X but I don’t think it’s known for “long form” content like a YouTube video so this seems like it would be quite a task to bring content creators to X

Back