Hyundai Enviro-Guard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I saw a sticker like that on a car I'd be looking for one somewhere else. They wipe a liquid "sealant" outside, some Scotch guard on the fabric and you get stuck with big $$$$.

I'm sorry, but you got screwed.

They tried to pull that with my grandma's van when we were there buying it. They told me they sell it to everyone, and that the price can't be removed. Oh no, it can definitely be removed, and they did.

Originally Posted By: John_K
Originally Posted By: PimTac

EDIT: What is American Theft Protection?

Protection from the thievin' dealer!
25.gif

Post of the day right there.

Sounds like a paint and fab protection package - easy money maker for a dealership but from my time in a dealer's detail shop, it's not really worth it - it's a next to worthless silicone-based polish and fabric protectant that's applied during the pre-delivery detail. I'd try to talk that down to free.

A lot of the stuff out there offers a warranty - but next to no one follows the instructions from ResistAll/PermaPlate/First Place Finish to reapply the polish every few months.

Ditto for the car alarm, it sounds like one of those KARR deals dealers love to bundle - it costs them $35-40 a car to install, F&I sells you the option to "activate" it in user mode for $400-500. Just ask for a blocker chip to be installed gratis. You can buy a nice 2-way DEI(Viper/Clifford) alarm with remote start for that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back