BP Fuel Comes To Central Pennsylvania

Ours is the same, BP is now the cheapest and speedway is the most expensive, even more than Shell.
About 10 years ago all the Shells turned into BPs or Circle K around me. Right at that time I won a $100 GasBuddy gas card for Shell. Had to drive 40 miles to find one, spent most on booze....

BP was never "Beyond Petroleum"; this was just a slogan that was used when they reinvented their brand early in this millennium but the company name was never "Beyond Petroleum". It used to be "British Petroleum" but now it is officially just "BP".
You seem to be correct. I was working for bp during the name change/rebranding. BP turned into bp and the term "beyond petroleum" was commonly used. I believe they still use the lowercase bp and uppercase BP, but it seems the name is disassociated British Petroleum. I wasn't aware they had abandoned beyond petroleum. I do know they are still delving into alternate energy and vehicle charging.

I miss Standard Oil.... One of the last Standard Oil to go to Amoco was in Gilman IL not far from me. Privately owned truck stop.

I use BP gas quite a bit. Primarily because it's the gas at which my Harris Teeter groc. store Fuel Points can be used. Average 30-40 cents off per gallon, per month. And price wise, BP right there with the lower/lowest price gas.

Now I know they dropped off the Top Tier gas listing awhile back, but recently read BP says they use their proprietary "Invigorate" additive package. I'm speculating perhaps same TT gas as before, just don't want to pay to be part of TT listing. Anyway, as long they participate in Fuel Points, I'll be buying BP gas when I have accumulated points. Also use Gumout Regane HM CFSC every ~3k miles, just as a fall back.

Last edited:
Back