What oil are you running in your lawnmower?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Push mowers - SuperTech or Ace Hardware SAE30
Briggs 14 HP- SuperTech SAE30
Kohler command - Delo 10W30
Pressure washer - Valvoline syn VR1 racing oil 10W30 (free after rebate 5 years ago)

Royal Purple 10w30 in my Craftsman LT1000. I'm leaning towards Amsoil for the next oil change.

Last edited:
Using PYB 10w30 in my non filtered engines, Quaker State Ultimate Durability 5w30 in my snowblower, Mobil 1 EP 5w30 in zero turn. Will change Zero turn to Mobil 1 TDT 5w40 in next oil change.

my nearly 9 year old push mower, Cub Cadet with some sort of Powermore engine, ripped off air filter and a surging carb gets an oil change every few years.... maybe more. If I remember correctly it is using PPPP 5w30. I think it last had M1 5w30. I put one maybe less than 10 hours a season now.

My new to me Craftsman T3200 has what ever the previous owner used in it. Its just starting to turn brown and I am going to put in PYB 5w30 and use a Fram Extraguard filter on it within the next month.

27 year old JD riding tractor with mower deck. Kohler motor with pressure oil and a filter - Chevron Supreme 5W-30
smile.gif

2015 Toro Super Recycler with Honda GCV160 engine likes SAE30 Castrol GTX and the tired old hand-me-down Snapper walk behind with some sort of Briggs & Stratton has Castrol 10w30 in it at the moment...that poor thing is getting tired...doesn't seem to smoke visibly but when I shut it down it smells like it's been burning oil, and it needs to be topped off after every couple of mows....and it's only a 1/2 acre suburban lot.

I really do prefer the way the Snapper mows, and unless it's blocked in by something in the garage, I use it every time.

Originally Posted By: CincyDavid
2015 Toro Super Recycler with Honda GCV160 engine likes SAE30 Castrol GTX and the tired old hand-me-down Snapper walk behind with some sort of Briggs & Stratton has Castrol 10w30 in it at the moment...that poor thing is getting tired...doesn't seem to smoke visibly but when I shut it down it smells like it's been burning oil, and it needs to be topped off after every couple of mows....and it's only a 1/2 acre suburban lot.

I really do prefer the way the Snapper mows, and unless it's blocked in by something in the garage, I use it every time.

1/2 acre is a lot to mow with a 21" mower. That's like 45 minute of mowing. As far as the burning oil smell is concerned, that's pretty normal for an engine new or old. If you can throttle it down and let it run to cool down a bit before shutting down it would help. I always shut my push mowers off right away, don't have time for that [censored]. lol Doesn't seem to hurt anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back