2023 tally of the "Post your latest oil change" thread

I so look forward to saying this every year now…

Most people: the store brands are just as good as the name brands.

Also most people: buys name brands.
See my sig...I practice what I preach and celebrate the full spectrum of oil from bo-bo store band to uber oil to the forum whipping boy.....

Screenshot 2024-01-06 133002.jpg

I so look forward to saying this every year now…

Most people: the store brands are just as good as the name brands.

Also most people: buys name brands.
You should push out your OCIs using Supertech 0W20. Also this person....uses HPL 20W60 and changes every 3K in their '99 Camry used once/week to drive to the bingo parlor.

See my sig...I practice what I preach and celebrate the full spectrum of oil from bo-bo store band to uber oil to the forum whipping boy.....

View attachment 196800
Couple things:

1) Really good chance I’m throwing some Super Tech In the Elantra on next oil change.

2) The one girl second from the right is really doing it for me which means she is probably as crazy as an outhouse rat because I’m usually only attracted to crazy woman.

3) Will you please be my spirt animal?

You should push out your OCIs using Supertech 0W20. Also this person....uses HPL 20W60 and changes every 3K in their '99 Camry used once/week to drive to the bingo parlor.
I’m not spending more than two dollars a quart on oil. That’s highway robbery! Also does two oil changes a year. Also, also spends $100 a week on gas for a truck, but has nothing to tow or haul.

Couple things:

1) Really good chance I’m throwing some Super Tech In the Elantra on next oil change.
I use it in my son's Focus and other son's Lexus, good stuff for a 1/year 3-5K oil change.
2) The one girl second from the right is really doing it for me which means she is probably as crazy as an outhouse rat because I’m usually only attracted to crazy woman.
I like the one brunette on the far right.
3) Will you please be my spirt animal?
Yes. Sub to my Youtube as payment.

Here's a tally of the 2023 results of who's using what. As always there's a small margin of error as I am usually consuming various domestic light/lite beers when Im adding up the results weekly. To everyone in the community have a Happy and Healthy New Year!

323: Mobil/Delvac
190: Pennzoil
159: Quaker State
144: Valvoline
108: Castrol
64: HPL
62: Chevron/Havoline/Delo
59: Amsoil
57: SuperTech
56: Shell
54: Kirkland
47: Fram
44: Frakenblend
33: Schaeffer
32: Sweepco
25: Napa
21: Total Quartz
17: Safety Klein
15: STP
14: LiquiMoly
12: Total Quartz
11: AC Delco
10: Cam 2
9: Red Line/Amazon Basics/Motul
8: Toyota-Lexus/Travellers
7: Motorcraft/Providence-Rural King
6: CarQuest/O'Reilly
5: Ravenol
46: Brands of oil with 4 or less posts
Total Quartz so nice (and cheap-clearance) it made it twice!

Super thanks. May I post some thoughts?
These are not criticisms or suggestions, just thoughts and impressions.

1) Since this is a ranking of brands, one could question including leftovers (Frankenblend) as it's not specific?
2) Is it safe to assume that "Safety Clean" is available only to people in the business as it's not generally available?
3) More Amsoil than SuperTech! That could point to a computer savvy/income boundary.
4) Sweepco is a new one to me.
Swepco. Pretty sure every Swepco change is me.

Back