Drain plugs on 2015 Nissan Rogue, Coolant/Trans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So today, I just changed the oil for the first time. THe oil filter is hidden to the side by flap, and under the hood, I saw the lower and hi port for air conditioning,but I was curious as to whether or not the CVT had a drain plug or not and whether or not there was one for the radiator/coolant too. If so, where are they and can you show some pictures of them? Thanks. I saw one potential candidate for a transmission drain plug, it was very wide/fat of a hex under the transmission pan, but wasn't sure if that was it. And if there is a transmission or cvt drain plug, how many mm or sae inches are they? I saw the transmission pan, and it had the bolts, and i know with automatic trans, you can "drop the pan" and change the filter and gasket,but does this CVT have a transmission filter and is it replaceable or serviceable or no? ANd is there a transmission gasket? I'm guessing there are because there is a transmission pan. Thanks.

Speaking of gaskets, on a 6 cylinder ford taurus 09, you have to replace the upper manifold gasket when you change the spark plugs, or can you save that gasket since you take the manifold off? Thanks.

CVTs usually have a lifetime fill. If you're going to change the fluid, you'd probably want to do it every 50k miles or so.

Does it have that kind of mileage yet?

Same with the radiator. I don't know what you'd accomplish by changing the coolant on a 2015 Nissan.

http://forums.nicoclub.com/cvt-transmission-fuid-change-t572758.html

is it the same as in the previous generation rogue, and i plan to do it at 30k because that's what the dealer recommended and i wil take a picture of it so it won't invalidate my warranty of 36k so i will take pics of all my self performed services/oil changes for the rogue only since it's the only one still under waranty

but 30k they said flush, so should i drain and fill before 30k or now to get rid of the break in wear metals like for the engine, or no? thanks.

@nick, i want to prepare well ahead. im not changing it now, but knowing it ahead of time gives me peace of mind and i'll have plenty of time to practice before the real deal so i dont' make any of the stupid mistakes i've been known to make, which some of you guys thought was "trolling" but were really honest mistakes done due to a lack of preparation. since this one's new, i ain't messin' this one up! i'd like to prepare way ahead of time. i just did my first oil change on it the other day and it was a different experience since it had a sideways oil filter and it was protected by a plastic guard but you didn't h ave to unscrew or take it off, luckily, and all you had to do was just move it out the way temporarily. speaking of which, i always fill my oil filters, but is there any point in filling a sideways oil filter to prevent a dry start becasue the oil wouldn't get there anyways, so do sideways oil filters always deal with dry starts and there's no way aroudn this? thanks. i'm trying to take good care of this one as it's a family member's and i heard horrible things about nissan cvts, so i'd like to take care of it and make it last so the family member won't need to make any more car payments for quite some time.

You don't have to fill the oil filter for it to be effective at allowing the oil to quickly start passing through the unit.

I have found that if you pour oil in the filter the night before you change the oil it will wick up into the filter element and while not filled it will quickly pass the oil through when you start up the engine after the oil change. This way you don't have to have oil pouring back out of the new filter when you go to install it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back