Which car to choose?

Status
Not open for further replies.
buying a used car, I am a big guy (6'2" 265) but also practical. Here are my choices:

2012 Buick Regal with 5k. Almost new and perfect

2011 Honda accord with 20K, 4 il changes 5 k apart. Leathered up EXL.

Which would last longer with less problems if kept in great shape? Opinions???

Have you sat in both cars? I am 6 feet tall and my hair would sometime brush against the liner. I had to lower the seat all the way. It was an older accord so maybe this new one is a little bigger. I would sit in them. Nothing is more annoying to hit your head on the roof.

Having said that the Honda will last a lot longer if you plan to keep the car for many years

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: NHGUY
Honda.Less recalls.

2nd on Honda, I wouldn't give it a second thought personally. IMO GM has a bad track record with cars that have issues that have common issues.

Regal is a great car, that generation Accord was probably the worst ever. After your last experience with an Accord isn't it time for something different?

Any new car that is well maintained will last a long time.

Buick. But check the visibility. Probably a reason if not the reason the last owner hated it. Sunroofs in either/ both?

Originally Posted By: dishdude
Regal is a great car, that generation Accord was probably the worst ever. After your last experience with an Accord isn't it time for something different?

Any new car that is well maintained will last a long time.

We've owned three different generations of Accord, so I'm probably qualified to comment on your post.
This generation is a very solid and serious car, almost like an old school Mercedes.
The ride is surprisingly firm for what is classed as a large car and there is more understeer than you'll find with earlier Hondas.
This is not a playful car like our '97 or '99 were, but that's at least partly becuase it's an automatic versus the five speeds we had on our earlier Accords.
For a daily driver or long tripper, you really can't beat this generation.
Quiet, controlled, decently powerful, very roomy, economical of fuel and with traditional Honda hands-off tracking.
This is a different car from our earlier Accords, but I wouldn't call it "worst ever".
To the OP, I don't think you'd go wrong with the Buick, but I'd recommend the Accord. The '12 Accord was our eighth Honda purchase and we dn't keep coming back to them becuase they're unsatisfactory cars in any way.

I am a GM guy and have always been. Honestly if I had to choose between those two it would be the Honda hands down. You might really want to seriously check the headroom in the regal because I think the Honda would have way more for a taller person. I am 6'4" and while I can get into the regal for me personally the Accord has way more room up top. May also want to check with/without sunroof and compare. I don't feel Honda is as well built as they used to be. Not sure if the parts are cheaper now or if they just aren't trying as hard. But some of the issues GM ha had and some of what they have done to some engines that were pretty much indestructible is ridiculous. I would stay away from the GM car and this is coming from a die hard GM guy.

I'd give the Regal a long look. It has 15k less miles than the Accord, and the 2.4 in there is a decent engine.

Really, it comes down to what you prefer in a car. Test them both and see what you like.

I imagine the Buick will be quieter on the interstate vs the Honda. I'd skip being a reliability worry wort and get the one you feel the most comfortable driving.

The newer Buicks are very nice cars and a whole different level than the earlier versions. Drive both and pick the one the feels right from the drivers seat.

Honda hands down. The Buick would also be a good car but most likely issues will pop up as the miles add up. The Honda has a proven drive train.

I would choose the Honda.

I have dealt with too many GM cars that felt amazing when new, but fell apart more quickly than a Honda did.

Honda

Regal

Take your pick...No steering or fire.

Seriously either one will be good. Pick the one you like the best when you drive it. Just remember opinions are like butt holes everyone has them and they stink.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back