Blue Point vs JH Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Williams is owned by Snap-on, as are other brands. BUT, there are USA made and cheaper imported Williams tools.

The cheaper imported versions appear to mostly be identical to Blue Point tools, but the Williams versions are generally cheaper.

Williams also has more expensive USA-made tools that are pretty highly regarded. If you ever have a question about whether a Williams tool is USA made or imported, then check the online version of the printed catalog. The USA-made tools are clearly marked.
http://www.snaponindustrialbrands.com/30/home.htm

Often, the USA tools have a part number that's a combo of letters and numbers while the imported tools are all numbers.

I personally like Tools Delivered as a seller, but you can find Williams tools from a variety of online sources.

I have some USA made Williams and I really like the quality. They are really nice tools for the money. If you like the older Snap-On ratchets, a lot of the Williams (USA) ratchets are basically the older SO ratchets (at least internals). You cannot get an 80 tooth Williams, but you can get a 72 tooth if you like a finer tooth ratchet. I have both the 36 and 72 and they are very nice.

The wrenches are probably better then the craftmans but less than SK. Sockets are amazing. Screwdrivers are old SO. I have old SO and Williams and they are the same minus the name. Get the USA made tools and you cannot go wrong for the price. Great price and great tools. For the money, I am not sure you can get better.

Originally Posted By: DodgeRamz2007
I have some USA made Williams and I really like the quality. They are really nice tools for the money. If you like the older Snap-On ratchets, a lot of the Williams (USA) ratchets are basically the older SO ratchets (at least internals). You cannot get an 80 tooth Williams, but you can get a 72 tooth if you like a finer tooth ratchet. I have both the 36 and 72 and they are very nice.

Just to clarify, the 36-tooth USA Williams ratchets use the old Snap-on design, but the 72-tooth USA round head ratchets don't use an old Snap-on design. The round head ratchets use a single-pawl design that Snap-on never used.

The imported Williams ratchets do not use an old Snap-on design. They're mostly identical to Blue Point ratchets.

Yep, I guess I could have made that a bit more clear. From everything I have read, the import Williams is the same as Blue Point.

The other day I was in a store called Bargin Mart and I saw some Bahco wrenches (they sell USA Williams too) that were USA made. At least they say USA on them. They are heavy and finished like some of the SO I have...just with BACHO on them. Have you seen these before?

Originally Posted By: DodgeRamz2007

The other day I was in a store called Bargin Mart and I saw some Bahco wrenches (they sell USA Williams too) that were USA made. At least they say USA on them. They are heavy and finished like some of the SO I have...just with BACHO on them. Have you seen these before?

Yes, they're almost identical to Williams Supercombo wrenches, minus the teeth in the open end. I used to have a set of the Bahco wrenches.

It seems that for a short time they tried to expand Bahco in the US by re-branding USA Williams tools as "Bahco." They also had Bahco sockets that were identical to Williams USA sockets. But, the Bahco tools were only available in SAE, not metric, if memory serves.

Originally Posted By: stephen9666

Just to clarify,

"Mr. Clarify" is here to clarify us.
crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Originally Posted By: stephen9666

Just to clarify,

"Mr. Clarify" is here to clarify us.

If you weren't constantly in need of so much correcting then I wouldn't have to...
laugh.gif

Trolling.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back