Carlyle wrenches

Status
Not open for further replies.
The beam on the Napa Professional is slightly thicker than the other two. It is more comfortable when applying lots of torque. And it is a must buy right now on eBay from Cripes Distributing for only $16 shipped.

The Carlyle wrenches are usually in the $120-$140 price range. If they can be found for a deal like I did, buy them!!

The Gearwrench are quality too.

I'm almost certain that all three appear to be made in the Gearwrench factory in Taiwan.

Bubba, Wow that is a great deal you got! How are you getting the Carlyle tools that cheap? Are they listed as used on Ebay or what? Please tell me the seller name or where you are getting them at that price, if Cripes Distributing is not the only one!

Looking closely at all the Taiwan made tools I have, they all pretty much look similar but I don't think they are made in the same plant. The only things that look very similar to me are the Carlyle and Gear Wrench Sockets and even those use a different base size. The 90 tooth/flex head ratchets all look the same to me from any brand, snap on, carlyle or whoever else. I don't have anything Gearwrench on hand right now but my Carlyle tools show a much better fit and finish than what I have from Kobalt or Pittsburg Pro. I don't know about you but I am seeing enough subtle differences to think they are all made in seperate plants or at very least on different production lines.

My Carlyle 3/8th round head ratchet has the smoothest and most precise feeling action out of my whole collection. This ratchet also has the most cleverly designed direction switch / quick release button out of all them and there is nearly ZERO drag or friction on the back stroke. I was so suprized by the smoothness of it, I honestly thought something was broken inside the ratchet. Not even the Snap-On premium pear heads I used in tech school were this smooth!

Ok happy rant is off...LOL Carlyle tools appear to be great quality, I recommend you buy them if you can! Bubba, thanks for your help and pics!

All three wrenches together.

ht4s.jpg
[/quote]

Look at the wall thickness on the Carlyle! Thicker and stronger than the rest without being over sized, Nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back