Vermont Vacation Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: eljefino
Love the waves in the 2nd one at 2:30! Looks like your inlet gets all the force of wind concentrated by geography.

Figuring out exposure as day turns into night, as you noticed, is tricky. Leave it on auto and things can get flickery as it adds 1/3 stop every few pics.

I like how those waves turned out too. The lake is usually pretty calm (little to no waves) but the last week we were up there we had 2 big storms, one of which blew the canoe across the front yard and tossed the neighbors' boat off of its lift. The waves were 4-5', it was pretty wild.

I thought I had evened out all of the exposure changes until I looked at the video...Oh well, most of the problems happened because I had the exposure at auto for the daylight/sunset and manual for the night shots.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Well done! Which intervalometer do you use?

I have the Vello Shutterboss remote.

Originally Posted By: Vikas
Can anybody explain those circular things?

If you are referring to the night shots, those are stars.

Originally Posted By: jen0910

Thanks. Shortly after I asked the question, I realized I have the intervalometer function in my camera already. Will have to play around with it at some point as I've always liked the concept of time lapse photography.

What software did you use to merge the images (for the star shots)?

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: jen0910

Thanks. Shortly after I asked the question, I realized I have the intervalometer function in my camera already. Will have to play around with it at some point as I've always liked the concept of time lapse photography.

What software did you use to merge the images (for the star shots)?

I used a Photoshop action that I found as a free download (sorry, I don't remember where I got it). I think I googled "star trails action" or "star trails stacking action". Basically what the actions do is layer the pictures and set the "Blending Mode" to "Lighten" which allows the lightest parts of each shot (the stars) to show through. I think I saw a program that would do it without photoshop too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back