There's something wrong with this picture

Taken this afternoon under the hood of my Ranger. It seems to have grown an appendage while I wasn't looking.

I'm kidding of course, but can anyone spot what is wrong in this picture? 2020 Ford Ranger.

IMG_20230926_154051320.jpg

Added a dipstick for the transmission?
Winner winner. Fellow over on another board with skills is manufacturing a dipstick that blows the $220 B&M one out of the water. This one is purpose built, calibrated, and pre-marked specifically for this truck. B&M requires that you figure out where and how to mark their stick. Still a pretty pricey upgrade (No more than the B&M though), but worth it to those of us that do regular D&F's..

He even replicated the markings of the FoMoCo stick:

1695778029563.png

And etched the stick with the instructions from the service manual:
1695778096581.png

That's pretty slick. Where or how does it tap into the transmission?

It should make adding fluid easier as well.

That's a worthy addition. GM left the dipstick off of the transmission on the latest generation of HD trucks with the 6L90, luckily the missing OEM parts plug in perfectly and the mounting stud for the dipstick tube is even still on the engine.
I wonder if in other markets, like the Middle East, they still have the dipstick.

I wonder if in other markets, like the Middle East, they still have the dipstick.
Allegedly the folks down under get them, but I haven't been able to confirm that, short of calling a dealer down there, which I didn't really want to do.

That's a worthy addition. GM left the dipstick off of the transmission on the latest generation of HD trucks with the 6L90, luckily the missing OEM parts plug in perfectly and the mounting stud for the dipstick tube is even still on the engine.
I think it was your post I read just recently about adding that one. I looked around pretty hard at one point for some way to do it, but came up short, and now that Mike is making these, other than cost, there's no real reason to.

Why is there a hole between 3 & 4 but not the other numbers?
Just the way that particular dipstick is made. I forgot what it is from, but it is a stock piece from some older model of car that he has etched the new markings on. Given the choice he would have used one with no holes, but that wasn't available.

Just the way that particular dipstick is made. I forgot what it is from, but it is a stock piece from some older model of car that he has etched the new markings on. Given the choice he would have used one with no holes, but that wasn't available.
Fresh oil is clear with no color. Very difficult to see in regular daylight.

I shine a flashlight through the back side of the holes so I can see the oil. The light gives the oil an amber color.

ADD| . . . . . |FULL

Back