Kreen Experiences

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: mongo161
So, from what I read posted, it looks like I should have put the Kreen tonic in my oil and did some daily driving with a mix short trips to NJ and back.....as I normally do....monthly.

How long can you leave Kreen in your sump for mileage/time?

I was under the impression that you should not leave it in your sump for too long of a period of time. That is why I chose to run Kreen towards the end of my OCI, with about 1K or so left before it needed to be changed for a fresh fill of oil and filter.

So, can you please advise me as to which is the better method for using Kreen for my second dose?

A)Taking a long one way or round trip with Kreen in the sump for 4 days or
B) Leaving Kreen in my sump for over 1K miles with a mix of daily short trip city driving and some scattered 50 mile round trips to NJ?

Thanks.

What you did was fine. The OP lives in the Middle East where temps are a lot hotter than here, and the chances of the Kreen flashing off quickly are greater.

Originally Posted By: MeaMurano
And what if I follow the more is better rule: use TWO cans of flush?
If putting a little on is good, putting more on is better...the moron rule.

Well, yesterday I go the itch to visit my brother in Orlando and see my niece and sister in law. So I packed a bag and headed out for the trip on a whim. I drove straight through to Florida, non-stop, except for gasoline, eats, cigarettes and rest stops. I left for Orlando Friday right after midnight and made the trip in 17 hours. Not bad for 1300+ miles. My T4R ran nice and smooth with the "store brand" synthetic in the sump.

Don't forget....This is after the 18 ounce Kreen treatment a month ago. So now....I can report that there was absolutely no oil consumption, the engine ran cool and quiet. There never has been any oil consumed by this V6, which is great considering it's age.

I checked the oil level periodically, to make sure that all looked okay and the synthetic Oil still looks very clean...like I just poured it into the sump an hour ago. Nothing scientific....I'm just using the "dipstick wipe off" method to test for cleanliness.

IMO, I really don't think I need a second Kreen treatment immediately. IMO....My engine was not very dirty, to begin with, since the oil had been changed frequently. I will, most likely, do a Kreen treatment every 1 or 2 years since this might be one of the best maintenance products available to keep your engine clean.

However, I'll never forget how Kreen must have found some dirt and build up somewhere in the engine and liquefied anything in it's path. This cleaning was evidenced by the color of the oil in the bucket after the sump was drained and the color of the oil that poured out of the Oil Filter on removal.

IMO....There are some really strong and powerful cleaners in Kreen to clean up an engine. Whether you run Dino, Synthetic Blends or straight synthetic, dirt builds up in places on your engine that we can't readily see..... and Kreen find the dirt.

Thanks to Trav, Dermapaint and all the other posters...I can definitely say....I'm a true believer in Kreen after using the product and seeing the results.

Anyway...I'll keep an eye on the oil and let this synthetic, with a big dose of Boron and other goodies, do it's job while I'm here in Orlando and for my trip back to Coney Island.

My nice fast, high speed, long distance, highway driving felt smooth and great...especially in the middle of the night! My T4R purrs...like a kitten...lol.

Originally Posted By: mongo161
Well, yesterday I go the itch to visit my brother in Orlando and see my niece and sister in law. So I packed a bag and headed out for the trip on a whim. I drove straight through to Florida, non-stop, except for gasoline, eats, cigarettes and rest stops. I left for Orlando Friday right after midnight and made the trip in 17 hours. Not bad for 1300+ miles. My T4R ran nice and smooth with the "store brand" synthetic in the sump.

Don't forget....This is after the 18 ounce Kreen treatment a month ago. So now....I can report that there was absolutely no oil consumption, the engine ran cool and quiet. There never has been any oil consumed by this V6, which is great considering it's age.

I checked the oil level periodically, to make sure that all looked okay and the synthetic Oil still looks very clean...like I just poured it into the sump an hour ago. Nothing scientific....I'm just using the "dipstick wipe off" method to test for cleanliness.

IMO, I really don't think I need a second Kreen treatment immediately. IMO....My engine was not very dirty, to begin with, since the oil had been changed frequently. I will, most likely, do a Kreen treatment every 1 or 2 years since this might be one of the best maintenance products available to keep your engine clean.

However, I'll never forget how Kreen must have found some dirt and build up somewhere in the engine and liquefied anything in it's path. This cleaning was evidenced by the color of the oil in the bucket after the sump was drained and the color of the oil that poured out of the Oil Filter on removal.

IMO....There are some really strong and powerful cleaners in Kreen to clean up an engine. Whether you run Dino, Synthetic Blends or straight synthetic, dirt builds up in places on your engine that we can't readily see..... and Kreen find the dirt.

Thanks to Trav, Dermapaint and all the other posters...I can definitely say....I'm a true believer in Kreen after using the product and seeing the results.

Anyway...I'll keep an eye on the oil and let this synthetic, with a big dose of Boron and other goodies, do it's job while I'm here in Orlando and for my trip back to Coney Island.

My nice fast, high speed, long distance, highway driving felt smooth and great...especially in the middle of the night! My T4R purrs...like a kitten...lol.

Thanks for the update. Now maybe another Kreen treatment in a year so for maint' or some possible additional cleaning, and you're done for a while! Or a pint of MMO for the last 1000 miles of an oil change once a year will keep you spotless and for less $$. The hard part was done already by the Kreen.

This is a good recent example of what Kreen can do...

1994 Chevy Suburban overheating [Re: Boss302fan]

Loc: Wi

Update...

The burb is running much better and not losing any oil out of the dipstick tube. We did replace a few hoses along with the PCV.

Just started the second 1K oci with Kreen and Pennzoil 10W30 HM oil. This 5.7 GM engine is runnning much smoother/quieter then it did before we used Kreen. I am assuming that Kreen is doing its job and cleaning up the rings, etc.

Flushed all coolant and replaced the thermostat. Does not overheat...

Also replaced the spark plugs and wires. While replacing the old plugs we noticed some loose carbon on a few of the drivers side spark plugs... All old plugs were very worn out, wow... LOL. Can not believe the truck even ran with these plugs. LOL.

Believe it or not, but this old Betsy may last past 300K...

I am truly a huge believer in Kreen.

make SURE and put some kreen through the fuel as well.

The older 5.7's will have excessive carbon in the heads, many times makes noise at cold start.

Super effective product!

I never did add any Kreen to my gasoline. Instead, I still use my mix of Fuel System Cleaner,(3 ounces) and TC-W3, (3 ounces) to every fill up with 14 to 15 gallons of gasoline.

For the Fuel System Cleaner....I've been running Chevron Techron Fuel System cleaner and/or Gumout Regane, SOPUS, non concentrated, Fuel System Cleaner. I just mix 16 ounces of each in a empty MMO bottle and then add 6 ounces of the blended mix of FS Cleaner and TC-W3 to my gasoline at each fill up..... before I pump the gas.

I picked up 4...20 ounce bottle of the Gumout all in one for $3.20 each at Big Lots....so I'll mix this 50/50 with the TC-W3 when the time comes.

Just a maintenance dose of 3 ounces of each, (Fuel System cleaner and TC-W3), for 6 ounces of the blended mix at each fill up, is all I've been doing.

It was good to see some Chevron and Texaco gas stations on my trip down once I got to South Carolina.....so I naturally filled up at Chevron.

I'll just keep the Kreen for the oil.

Originally Posted By: MeaMurano
Great Mongo!
Wish Kreen was this cheap for me that I could add it to gas as well.

Last edited:
We ran two bottles of Redline SI-1 in the gas/fuel system 3 weeks ago. A few days ago we put 16oz of Kreen in the gas but the tank had about 25 gallons in it. We probably will run another 16oz of Kreen in the fuel next week... Maybe I up it to 32oz on a full tank(35 gallons)?

Last edited:
Hey People I got some REAL stuff here:
Completed 2700 Kms on my last Kreen (yes, way over 1000 miles) Thought of adding my second dose to this oil round. This is my fourth treatment begenning today on my third OCI.
DAY 1:
4661IMG_3040.jpg

PRESENT DAY (just as I was done adding the Kreen):
brese.jpg

YEAH Baby!
banana2.gif

Way to go with the "visual" proof!

Deny that, "snake oil" doubters. Step right up, we're waiting......
lol.gif

^ Good. And nice pics for non believers. Any other changes other than shown in pics? Maybe in engine sound or gas usage?

^^ What was your first expression as you scrolled down to the second image?

^
Gas is FREE for me as its company paid... but I do keep an eye on the mileage and I get about 18 highway city mixed now after three treatments. Earlier it was about 16-17. But then its winter the day I started this whole treatment (14 Deg - 25 Deg C day night temps.)

Engine Noise: SOUNDS LIKE A BULL AS ALWAYS! I love the NISSAN Z50 (VQ35DE).
Engine Power: I feel I have MORE now but not much. Been taking this car in the sand and flooring it too recently.
HOWEVER: I did notice that my oil consumption was a about 600ml in 2600 kms. I want to change the PCV this weekend.

OK, I take back my old criticism; this picture definitely shows Kreen is working!

Thanks for posting the pictures!

- Vikas

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
make SURE and put some kreen through the fuel as well.

The older 5.7's will have excessive carbon in the heads, many times makes noise at cold start.

Super effective product!

We drove the 94 5.7 Suburban last night and took it on a 60 mile run. It is running really smooth for a 294K mile vehicle. We also added another 18 gallons of gas to the 35 gl tank which filled it and add another 16 oz of kreen. The gas that was in the tank had been dosed with Kreen at 16 oz of Kreen to 18 gallons of gas. We will see if it cleans up the carbon in the head. Goooo Kreen.

Bravo. It sounds so good I CAN'T hear it!

I am starting to wonder how many cars I have owned with high miles that just needed a dose of Kreen.

Looks like its giving results!
It did look to to be taking more time then usual but now you ran it longer i can see the results are coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back