Bars Leak’s Oil Seal

Has anyone used Bar’s Leaks Oil Seal? It sas that it stops leaks caused by bad valve guides. I replaced my plugs in November. The were fouled already. Partly because of bad valve guides and partly because the vehicle was running rich due to bad oxygen sensor and catalytic converter issues. I installed an O2 spacer, added two cans of Seafoam and 16 ounces of Marvel Mystery Oil to a full tank of gas (37 gallon tank). I replaced just the number 5 spark plug today. It didn’t look too bad. Not sure if it was the Seafoam/MMO, the Oil Seal, or the O2 spacer that cleaned things up. Or a combination of the above. Any input is appreciated.

IMG_0692.jpg

Bars products do work, however when it comes to stuff like their radiator stop leaks or head gasket stop leak I always recommend bypassing the heater core temporarily.

Their oil stop leaks do work though, a lot of people hate on these products but if it is an old vehicle that you just want to band-aid along and don't want to put the money into these products are absolutely worth a try.

Blue Devil and AT-205 Reseal is good too.

I put an engine in a Mazda, and a day later there was a puddle on the ground. The rear main seal was leaking. I put a bottle of bars in it and haven't heard back from the owner, so I think the seal just dried out from sitting around and the bars freshened it up a bit. Stop leak thats just chemicals is fine with me, stop leak thats chunky I won't use unless the cars not worth fixing properly.

Back