Your Oil Change Sticker?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: fdcg27
I just record each change in the log we keep in each car, where I also record all other maintenance and replacements, as well as each tank of fuel purchased.
Stickers are for those who are not car guys and are not attuned to maintenance

I do that as well, along with recording the same information in an Excel spreadsheet. On the oil changes I do for others I use the window stickers if they want them.

Pennzoil and AutoZone are good sources for free stickers. I prefer the stickers with the adhesive on the back. You can purchase that type, with your name imprinted on them, off of eBay.

I despise any sort of a "sticker" on my windows (or anywhere else on a vehicle).

I simply change it twice a year, spring and fall. My mileage is recorded in the car care database on my computer, and that usually puts me at 6,000-7,000 mileage intervals for the cars that are driven daily. If I'm a few miles over or under it's not an issue and not something I obsess about.

The pickup only gets driven 2,000 a year or so, it only gets changed once a year.

I use the free stickers from Advance! Can't complain since they're free and do the job. I also use my Trip B odometer for my OCI

I write down time/mileage for all my vehicles on a whiteboard in the garage. I also have them recorded in Excel, just in case someone decides to wipe my whiteboard.
smile.gif

wi_1516.jpg

I use these from WIX I also have Napa stickers that are identical my main source of tracking is an automotive excel sheet but I like the stickers on my vehicle because I am an oil guy and it is a quick reference.

Part #
WIX WI1516
Napa MM03

Toto.

I just write it on the wall in the garage, get another car, paint over it and start again...

Originally Posted By: spasm3
I don't use stickers. I put up a dry erase board in the garage, i have 4 cars to keep up with, on the board I write each change , with the mileage and oil type. I also put trans changes on it and at the bottom under each car i put the oil filter numbers. I can go to the garage and see where each car was changed and make a list of filters i need before i go to the store.

My brother in-law do the same for his 5 cars.

Originally Posted By: beanoil
TripMeter B.

I used to do that, but whenever my mom drove the car there was a chance that it would get reset accidentally since digital tripmeters still confuse her.

Trip "B" for me too and a parts master sticker for the wife since she only has a mechanical trip odo that goes to 999. Also record all maintenance on a spreadsheet.

Originally Posted By: Toto

I use these from WIX I also have Napa stickers that are identical my main source of tracking is an automotive excel sheet but I like the stickers on my vehicle because I am an oil guy and it is a quick reference.

Part #
WIX WI1516
Napa MM03

Toto.

Toto, where can I get batch of WIX window stickers like the one you posted? and how much are they? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back