Best wax found at the local auto parts store

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: dailydriver
I've NEVER seen Duragloss products on the shelf of ANY local retailers in my area, nor any other areas I've visited.

+1

Originally Posted By: Vikas
Do you have Fisher Auto or Carquest stores in your area?

Duragloss products are also sold at NAPA stores.

Originally Posted By: Vikas
I am so glad that neither of these guys are "Zainolets"; Can you imagine how bad the fight could be?

I like Zaino products, does that make me a "Zainolet?" They certainly make better finishing waxes than Meguiar's.

Another opinion? Or is this supported by facts. Not saying they aren't, but by what does one make this assumption.

MeGuires, Mothers, Turtle Wax and other major manufactures all make excellant products. To think otherwise is ignoring the facts these companies have the resources and labs to bring out products of a higher quality then the much smaller companies do not.

Originally Posted By: jcwit
Another opinion? Or is this supported by facts. Not saying they aren't, but by what does one make this assumption.

MeGuires, Mothers, Turtle Wax and other major manufactures all make excellant products. To think otherwise is ignoring the facts these companies have the resources and labs to bring out products of a higher quality then the much smaller companies do not.

Yes, opinion based on trial and error. I've used all these products therefore I know how well they shine and how long they last. Zaino is the only finishing wax I've ever used that's held up for a year. Meguiar's finishing waxes are lucky to last a month or two. Apparently all their resources and labs aren't doing them much good...

Not true in my experience regarding MeGuire"s.

grampi this is nothing more than like to kids arguing--did not--did to--did not--did to--did not --did to.

I'm more than happy with what I use, and you seem bent on convincing me or others you are the guru regarding auto wax/polish. Never giving nothing more than your opinion. Once again this whole thread was to be based on what is readily available at local retain outlets, actually in this case auto part stores. Get it?

Last edited:
Wonder if Duragloss was anywhere near
lol.gif

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44899

Average at best
crackmeup2.gif

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/3614-kilrwheels-please-read.html

Last edited:
Maybe, but then I'm stocked up with the Meguiar's 1st class products from Wally World. If nothing else it saves me money. And I find their NXT Generation Tech Wax gives me 6 months protection which takes me over the No. Indiana winter. Don't ask for much more anyway as by March/April it time to wax anyway and check the body for any dings or bumps.

The only Meguiars product I use are the M105/M205 twins and the new D151 for high volume reconditioning facilities.

I find myself reaching for D151 for paint cleaning. After each wash I usually apply a coat of either Collinite 915, Duragloss #105 or DP Poli-Coat.

Not true in my experience regarding MeGuire"s.

grampi this is nothing more than like to kids arguing--did not--did to--did not--did to--did not --did to.

I'm more than happy with what I use, and you seem bent on convincing me or others you are the guru regarding auto wax/polish. Never giving nothing more than your opinion. Once again this whole thread was to be based on what is readily available at local retain outlets, actually in this case auto part stores. Get it?

I get it, but I don't think you do...

Originally Posted By: dailydriver
I've NEVER seen Duragloss products on the shelf of ANY local retailers in my area, nor any other areas I've visited.

I used to sell Dura Shine.

Wait, let me rephrase that. Dura Shine used to collect dust on my shelf. I think I am the only one that ever bought it. It was horrible. I used it on my motorcycle frame because you could "rinse any excess off" which sounded great in all the nooks and crannies. It didn't shine, it didn't protect, it didn't work.

Like you, I have yet to see Duragloss in the retail world

Another opinion from grampi!!

OH but I do get it, actually better than most!

Quit being such a hypocrite. It isn't like you've offered anything to this discussion that's anything more than an opinion, and yet you're acting like you're all high and mighty...

grampi I'm acting like a hyprocrite? All both of us have offered to the "discussion" as you put it is nothing more than opinions.

You have yours, which I happen to not agree with.

I have mine, whichg you happen not to agree with.

I have already stated this.

You are not going to convinence me on the grounds that you put forth.

I am not likely to convince you on the grounds that I put forth.

I have also already stated this.

So in reality, Do I get it? Yup!!

Seems you fail to comprehend that fact tho.

Now you have started to calling me names, seems like you're grasping at straws now.

All the orginal poster wanted to know was which wax members here found as their best wax in their opinion was available readily at local retail auto parts stores. Not thru mail order. I gave my opinion, you hopped on with products that are mostly available thru mail order or thru the net, be it E-Bay or Amazon or whatever. This was not the question.

Get it? As I stated, I sure do, and obviously better than some.

jcwit

While I happened to mention some other waxes that weren't available locally, Duragloss products are, as others have stated. What did you expect from me after you critisized me for offering my opinion, a thank you? I have used many automotive waxes (including many of those available from Meguiar's)and I've found that Durgloss makes better finishing waxes than does Meguiar's, and yes I realize this is just my opinion, not fact. You admittedly haven't used Duragloss so how can you say it's not better?

Never did claim, implied maybe, but did not claim. In my case I see no need to as I have plenty of MeGuiar's to last for a long time.

I have an idea, You use what you wish, and I'll do the same as both of us are doing nothing more than wasting our time.

As I stated earlier this has become nothing more than a You did, No you didn't, yes you did, no you didn't, ect., ect., ad nauseum.

I do get it, not sure about you tho!

Originally Posted By: rick9009
IS nufinish any good?

Yes Rick, Nu-Finish will work well for you and it doesn't cost a fortune. At one time it was rated #1 although other products have now surpassed it, it's still a fine product. It removes oxidation quite well, doesn't scratch or leave scratches in your paint surface, is easy to apply/remove although very dusty while removing, you can buy it just about anywhere and with a couple of good applications, your silver finish will look quite nice.

There are other things that I always liked about Nu-Finish. Should you get some N-F on flat black paint, it will remove easily if you get it "right away" and not leave it there. As you may know, getting wax or wax type products on flat black painted surfaces will only chalk them, not polish them so, keep any wax product away from flat black paint such as trim, outside unpainted mirrors, window pillers(between doors), bumpers, side moldings etc.

As I may have already mentioned earlier, the products that the others have choosen are all really good products and of newer technology today. All good stuff and you probably couldn't go wrong with any of them. But, you don't seem to be one for waxing you car very often and may not in the future either after selling your Hyundai. Nu-Finish will work fine for you and may only sit around the garage until you sell your next car so, don't spend too much money on newer products that are designed more for the car guru than for someone trying to bring back dull/faded paint for purpose of sale.

I'd like to try some of these products that grampi & jcwit mentioned but, I probably won't get the chance. I like what I'm using, have plenty of it and it's nothing special.

Keep us posted as to what you use and how your silver paint turns out! I'm sure that what ever you choose will be fine.

Originally Posted By: Char Baby
IS nufinish any good?

easy to apply/remove although very dusty while removing, you can buy it just about anywhere and with a couple of good applications, your silver finish will look quite nice.

No dusting with the Duragloss which to me is a big plus. Havn't noticed any staining either. $10 at local Federated auto parts store that they order for me in less than 24hrs.

Originally Posted By: Char Baby
IS nufinish any good?

Yes Rick, Nu-Finish will work well for you and it doesn't cost a fortune. At one time it was rated #1 although other products have now surpassed it, it's still a fine product. It removes oxidation quite well, doesn't scratch or leave scratches in your paint surface, is easy to apply/remove although very dusty while removing, you can buy it just about anywhere and with a couple of good applications, your silver finish will look quite nice.

There are other things that I always liked about Nu-Finish. Should you get some N-F on flat black paint, it will remove easily if you get it "right away" and not leave it there. As you may know, getting wax or wax type products on flat black painted surfaces will only chalk them, not polish them so, keep any wax product away from flat black paint such as trim, outside unpainted mirrors, window pillers(between doors), bumpers, side moldings etc.

As I may have already mentioned earlier, the products that the others have choosen are all really good products and of newer technology today. All good stuff and you probably couldn't go wrong with any of them. But, you don't seem to be one for waxing you car very often and may not in the future either after selling your Hyundai. Nu-Finish will work fine for you and may only sit around the garage until you sell your next car so, don't spend too much money on newer products that are designed more for the car guru than for someone trying to bring back dull/faded paint for purpose of sale.

I'd like to try some of these products that grampi & jcwit mentioned but, I probably won't get the chance. I like what I'm using, have plenty of it and it's nothing special.

Keep us posted as to what you use and how your silver paint turns out! I'm sure that what ever you choose will be fine.

Very sensible post. + 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back