Lifespan of Amsoil EaAU cone-type filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the recommended lifespan of the Amsoil EaU intake-type air filters? I've been using one for approximately 20k miles and it's just now beginning to lose it's brilliant blue color. I know that's no indicator but aren't these filters rated for at least 30k miles in non-severe use applications?

I hate to be just a copy and paster but this is pretty clear. I would give it a cleaning and put it back in. I like to use the vacuum method with my household vacuum and the soft brush attachment. Just be careful not to damage the media.

Cleaning
EaA filters should be cleaned every year or 25,000 miles, whichever comes first. Carefully remove the filter from the housing. Clean the housing with a shop towel, being careful not to knock contaminants into the air inlet. Filters can be cleaned by carefully vacuuming the filter media on the dirty side, or by holding the filter with one hand and carefully blowing the filter media at a 45 degree angle on the clean side using low-pressure shop air (15-20 lbs. psi).

Service Life
AMSOIL Ea Air Filters are guaranteed for four years or 100,000 miles, whichever comes first. The guarantee applies only if the filter has been serviced according to AMSOIL recommendations. In off-road, frequently dusty or other severe duty applications, clean and change more often as determined by operating conditions or as indicated by restriction gauge.

Thanks o2man. I will remove it and vacuum clean. I purchased two of the EaAU4090's to fit my C&L racer intake on the GT when purchased. Ran the first one out to 25k and swapped it with the second. Now at 45k and I was just wondering if I should clean and keep on truckin' with it. I figured 30-40 bucks every 25k would be cheap insurance when I purchased the two.

I plan to do a UOA in about 5k miles and will see how that thing is holding up. My inner intake is spotless, white glove clean along with the throttle body blades and the pcv coming from the intake so I feel pretty good about it.

I just put a 6075 on my AFE Stage 2 SI, having used a Proguard 7 from AFE previously. ALl I can say is WOW...WHAT A DIFFERENCE!

Originally Posted By: D-Roc
I just put a 6075 on my AFE Stage 2 SI, having used a Proguard 7 from AFE previously. ALl I can say is WOW...WHAT A DIFFERENCE!

A difference with the new Amsoil being better than the ProGuard 7? What is better about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back