FRAM airhog?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't know they even made those anymore. My sister used to have one on a Mustang she had and it seemed just fine. I was always under the impression they were very good filters from other testimonials I've heard.

[censored]. they have got holes in the filter media that you can see through. they would work great in an environment with little to no dust, or like winter time when there is more snow and alot less dust. ihad one but did not like it once summer hit

Wix/Napa Gold filters are my personal favorite. They work great in my Integra and all of my UOAs have come back with low silicon/insolubles even driving through large amounts of dust/dirt. I get mine from Fleet Filter for a lot less than Napa charges for them. Plus, the fitment has been perfect on them. I put one in my dad's PT Cruiser and the fitment was great in that as well. I have 2 of them lined up for my girlfriend's Grand Am and my mom's Malibu (share the same filter).

I own 2 of them and they do not have holes that you can see inside. They are very well made filters, maybe better than K&N.

Originally Posted By: Jason2007
I own 2 of them and they do not have holes that you can see inside. They are very well made filters, maybe better than K&N.

+1

So these are a K&N type filter? Uhn.. They looked nice and the price is great at $8 on amazon. But I don't want to be oiling it and I'm looking for a good filtering filter.

I picked up a bunch of them. They aren't made out of foam, they use a heavy gauze-like material. At that price, I'm not sure if I'll just replace them when it's time, instead of bothering to clean them.

Since they aren't foam, I don't believe they will have the filtration problem that K&N has. I haven't been able to visually observe anywhere where dirt could enter. The ones I have also fit well.

They are extremely well made, heavy duty filters. I bought a bunch at these sales prices. Although oiled similar to K&N, I have had ZERO problems with them. At $8 each IMO a bargain. Get a few or some other stuff on Amazon and get free shipping

Originally Posted By: tenderloin
They are extremely well made, heavy duty filters. I bought a bunch at these sales prices. Although oiled similar to K&N, I have had ZERO problems with them. At $8 each IMO a bargain. Get a few or some other stuff on Amazon and get free shipping

I have also had no problems with the ones I used.

They are junk. After running one in my car for a few thousand miles, the air box had all kinds of dirt behind the filter. I hate to think about how many miles I took off of the life of my car. Do yourself a favor and run a quality paper filter unless it is a race-only car.

Originally Posted By: aussiek2000
They are junk. After running one in my car for a few thousand miles, the air box had all kinds of dirt behind the filter. I hate to think about how many miles I took off of the life of my car. Do yourself a favor and run a quality paper filter unless it is a race-only car.

I love the people who bash on these and K&N with no proof.
crackmeup2.gif

I agree, I have these AirHogs on 2 different cars, two different filters and there is no more build up on the intake tubes or the throttle body than when I was using a paper filter.

Originally Posted By: postjeeprcr

crackmeup2.gif

I bought an AirHog from PB's for $7.00 on closeout. It was the only one remaining in my application and I wasn't even looking for an air filter so, I added it to my purchaces. Been using it for the past two summers only. I don't really notice any benefits with it. Same seat of the pants power and MPG.

Originally Posted By: postjeeprcr

crackmeup2.gif

I threw that piece of [censored] away months ago. I didn't know I need to take pictures of everything I do just to appease the fanboys.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back