ZF8 tool to remove more fluid?

Had anybody ever used this? I find the tool but very little real world info.

It says it hooks up and provides 8psi of air to flush out more fluid.

Any thoughts here?

It couldnt hurt Im sure, but ive never had issues long term with doing the typical drain, change filter, and refill. And like Dom said, that 200$ will get you your next service.

Blowing thru the ATF filter mount.... make sure you have a good filter and air dryer prior to blowing into the transmission.

For a shop, more of a complete single change since repeating is time consumers and adds to customer costs. Shop is doing good by removing a couple more quarts for this pan/filter service.

For a DIY'r, just a time saver if you don't want to repeat multiple drain/refills. I am OK with a shorter interval or extra drain/refill and I see no point in having one in my toolbox.

You mean its a CTA patented tool, and someone in china knocked it off and is selling it for cheaper now. This is the life of things from china.
The reason why I posted this is because I'm wondering how can we tell them apart? The "knock-off" might be made in the same plant during a "third shift", except that it won't have to pass the same Q&A process.
The only part that I'm uneasy about is the removal of a valve body bolt. Or maybe I'm a little chicken. Could be...

Back