Your preferred syn or conv oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I was surprised and disappointed because I was looking forward to switching to the Pennzoil because it was cheaper and readily available locally.

Schaeffers or Eneos for Synthetic
Defy for HM
Pennzoil Gold/QS Synblend for Synblend
Formula Shell or QSGB for Conventional

Last edited:
Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
Anything with lots of moly. Pennzoil and Quaker State.

The synthetics I've been using over the past number of years were specifically formulated without moly.
wink.gif

I'm generally not brand loyal, but over the past 3 or 4 decades I've bought a lot of Phillips 66 lubricants, mostly conventional oils for my automobiles and pickups. This is due to great prices from my local P66 Distributor.

For synthetic oils, I've used M1, PP, QSUD, but now I'm using Kendall GT-1 Max in my pickup and my wife's auto. I'll be putting GT-1 Max into my younger daughter's car next.

My very outspoken and stubborn eldest daughter insists on M1 in her car. Advertising works.

Advertising? … how many here have done what Tig has. 4 decades at 10k OCI … I'll help you, none …

Doubt you have a complete data set to support that … for one thing there is no single M1 formula … and seems no other company mixes so many different base stock combinations

Starting to like Amsoil XL in my Tacoma 4.0L. The Honda with the 1.5LT I may try Castrol Magnatec 5W30 at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back