Your opinion of how this VW GLI looks

I'm thinking of buying this VW GLI. I think the black wheels are ugly. My wife likes them. If I buy it, I will have a wheel shop refinish them in the color used on Camry Nightshade bronze wheels or BBS gold.

IMG_6113.JPG

Screenshot 2024-01-01 at 6.38.59 PM 2.jpg

I think the black is fine. Refinishing them is a symptom of too much $$$ in wallet go throw more in an investment ;)
Around here that would run $150-$220 per wheel.

Now if they are all curbed and rashed that is different.

I'm thinking of buying this VW GLI. I think the black wheels are ugly. My wife likes them. If I buy it, I will have a wheel shop refinish them in the color used on Camry Nightshade bronze wheels or BBS gold.

View attachment 195992

View attachment 195993
I am also not a fan of black wheels, but I would prefer the usual German dull silver or maybe a gunmetal or titanium to be a little more current. The gold screams Subaru to me for some reason, not bad at all, but not VW.

I really don't like the black wheel look; showing my age.

Without regard to 'shading' (what shade of bronze...what shade of gold...is a color associated with a particular car -Subbie or Pontiac golds as mentioned, etc.) the black chosen by the VW Art Department will have a 'never-expiring' edge due to originality.

Can't refinish jobs chip?

A green vehicle with 'yellow metal' wheels can look horrid as green is a common fallback description of gold.
It could be like white casual slacks with an ivory jacket....not good.

You can't personalize everything. Aren't you saving for a trip?

Without regard to 'shading' (what shade of bronze...what shade of gold...is a color associated with a particular car -Subbie or Pontiac golds as mentioned, etc.) the black chosen by the VW Art Department will have a 'never-expiring' edge due to originality.

Can't refinish jobs chip?

A green vehicle with 'yellow metal' wheels can look horrid as green is a common fallback description of gold.
It could be like white casual slacks with an ivory jacket....not good.

You can't personalize everything. Aren't you saving for a trip?

I want to travel more but money isn't the issue, it's my wife's ability to get time off and corrolate it with me.

Back