XG Fram no wire backing

I won’t run this filter again. I ran the XG because they didn’t look like this before. Switched to Endurance this time.

2011 Cruze 1.4T
XG10246
Syntec 5W-30
10,254 miles
Car has 249,577 on it

Replaced with FE10246
QS 5w-30 UP

Attachments

• IMG_4336.jpeg
    IMG_4336.jpeg
    86.3 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_4335.jpeg
    IMG_4335.jpeg
    178.4 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_4334.jpeg
    IMG_4334.jpeg
    170.8 KB · Views: 134
Unless there was tearing or the seam or caps separated the waviness is just aesthetics. I believe that's why a lot of filters for German cars are in a zig zag pattern.

Wavy is a non-issue.

Until…. It is.

When the waves rip…. Which can and does happen.

Not often to be fair.

But I’d rather have either…

A) synthetic blend media that actually looks very good, lots of filter media in it, zero waves in it, and very good efficiency.. Like Premium Guards or O Reilly’s Microgard Select, Federated Auto parts XL or

B) wire backed real full synthetic media that actually looks great EVERY time when one of them is cut open, very high efficiency and longevity.

Not welfare, food stamp, cheapo looking filter media that looks like hades and is prone to tearing if they don’t put enough of it in certain filters.

Unless there was tearing or the seam or caps separated the waviness is just aesthetics. I believe that's why a lot of filters for German cars are in a zig zag pattern.

True…

But do real full synthetic wire backed media filters ever, ever, ever, ever had that problem ?

No. Because the OG real Fram Ultra and RP filters were much better constructed.

Now the Fram Endurance filter is filling that role. Pretty much a Royal Purple clone but at least it’s a very good filter for $12.98… Not too shabby.

They aren’t wavy when new. And the old XG with wire backing never came out wavy.
Perhaps not this filter but I've seen many of these new frams that are wavy. We will be eagerly awaiting your experience with the Endurance. Do you plan to run it 10k also?

Back