WTB late model Lincoln Town Car

Panthers are dying off from normal attrition as they age. The car makers don't make any similar vehicles for the older generation that prefer these sedans so supply and demand drive up the price when there isn't anything comparable. Sure, there are the Mercedes, BMW, Audi sedans, but way more money. And the trucks and SUVs are a pain to have to climb up into for older folks, and then you feel like it will roll over in a sharp curve.

Go to Raleigh, NC. That state issues temp plates to non-citizens., the cars aren't rotten, and it's only 750 miles to Taxachusetts! Southwest has cheap flights.

To people that have not used shop since the COVID and inflation shocks to the market for new vehicle prices that have also affect used are in for a reality check. While used market has come off the highs of the COVID supply constraints, they are never going back down completely where they were pre COVID.

I think if the COVID market had never happened, he would find something for what he is currently looking at but that is just not current reality.
I agree-I bought the MGM in my sig with 113K for $3100 pre-Covid, owned by a 90+ YO college professor, it had been garage kept & really never seen snow in it’s life-I don’t think I could touch one for that $ now!

Thanks guys. If anyone is west of Texas/east coast and know of any cars like this please share. I've expanded to 05+

My beloved 05 Crown Vic which I've had for years and dumped a lot of money into (lowering coilovers, built rear end with locker) just got totaled! Pretty sad since it only had 91k and I bought it almost brand new from south of the Mason-Dixon line where it was 100% rust free, and brought it back to MA.

I'm now needing a new car and want to get a Lincoln Town Car. Not something I plan on modifying, just a nice highway cruiser.

I'm willing to fly anywhere in the US to buy a rust free and lower mile example. It's $200 for a flight and $200 for gas, that's worth not getting a New England rotbox.

Ideally the car is sub 100k and has no rust and decently maintained, as it's something I'd like to run to the 400k mile mark.
What about retired ppv cruiser? Newer not super common as they are rebadged Holdens. They fly under the radar so to speak.

What about retired ppv cruiser? Newer not super common as they are rebadged Holdens. They fly under the radar so to speak.
I've heard they are hard to find parts for and questionably reliable. I've never really looked into them. What do you think of them?

I've owned a couple Ford panther platform cars and I'd like another one since mine just got wrecked

T
I've heard they are hard to find parts for and questionably reliable. I've never really looked into them. What do you think of them?

I've owned a couple Ford panther platform cars and I'd like another one since mine just got wrecked
There is a definite community that seems to like them. Parts aren't crazy rare but some parts you may have to dig for. It should be definitely an option. They have good power as they came equipped with I think an LS motor similar to what is in the Corvette.

You can enter any location you want to see what's available outside your area,

fb.jpg

So 2005 or newer.
100,000 miles or less
$10,000 and under.

Anything else?
No landau top, no rust. Preferably no chrome fender trim but I can't be that picky..

Thanks. I'd prefer if one was on the east coast since I'm in New England and would be doing a "one way fly and buy." Some nice ones out in Cali or AZ but that's just too long of a drive.

Last edited:
No landau top, no rust. Preferably no chrome fender trim but I can't be that picky..

Thanks. I'd prefer if one was on the east coast since I'm in New England and would be doing a "one way fly and buy." Some nice ones out in Cali or AZ but that's just too long of a drive.

Hasn't sold in 11 weeks? Coming from Ohio it must be like Swiss cheese underneath.
You'd be suprised. I've seen some super clean southern LTCs sit on the market for 10 weeks from private sellers. 59k $9000. Just poor comms from sellers and a generally low demand for these cars.

The OH one has some pretty nasty bubbling under the fender in pics

Back