WTB late model Lincoln Town Car

My beloved 05 Crown Vic which I've had for years and dumped a lot of money into (lowering coilovers, built rear end with locker) just got totaled! Pretty sad since it only had 91k and I bought it almost brand new from south of the Mason-Dixon line where it was 100% rust free, and brought it back to MA.

I'm now needing a new car and want to get a Lincoln Town Car. Not something I plan on modifying, just a nice highway cruiser.

I'm willing to fly anywhere in the US to buy a rust free and lower mile example. It's $200 for a flight and $200 for gas, that's worth not getting a New England rotbox.

Ideally the car is sub 100k and has no rust and decently maintained, as it's something I'd like to run to the 400k mile mark.

from one of those ads
"2004 Lincoln Town car ultimate edition only 68,000 mi 0 issues - $8,500"

Rebuild salvage title

I sold one you would not believe. It belonged to my sister and she lost her license. She bought it new and kept it in the garage and took it to the dealer 2 times a year and had less than 13K miles from new. was a 2005 and auction sold it for 13K.

Time is your friend. Keep searching to get a good deal. If you wait and search without being in a big hurry you can find a great deal especially on a LTC. They are not really in high demand by most people. There are lots of elderly people that literally drive them to church and back.

Time is your friend. Keep searching to get a good deal. If you wait and search without being in a big hurry you can find a great deal especially on a LTC. They are not really in high demand by most people. There are lots of elderly people that literally drive them to church and back.
Stakeout local church parking lots on a Sunday?

I'm sure www.bringatrailer.com has some nice ones available. If not check back regularly.
2006_lincoln_town-car_img_1353-1-74222.jpeg.jpg

I do this for a living. I co-developed this...

https://www.dashboard-light.com/

Started this back in 2016. It's doing great. My largest customers just bought their 90th car.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100057221059455

And I have written about 1500 articles at this point in my life. I have been a full-time car dealer since 2005 and before that I was a remarketing manager and auto auctioneer.

Used cars are my life. At least my work life. If you want to find a great one just feel free to PM me. Atlanta is a cheap one way flight, but most of my customers have their vehicles delivered directly.

A few low mileage examples near me,

A few low mileage examples near me,

Any more in your area? I am not too good at FB

Stuff you have poo poo'd so far says you are looking for a Goldilocks Car that may mean you have to play the long game for. Wanting under 100K and so far under 10 years old and sub $10K is a stretch. Basically you are going to have to be Johnny on the spot when an estate sale car comes up and before a dealership or estate knows it's actual market worth that is not what you are willing to pay.

You are wanting a Town Car for Crown Vic money.

Last edited:
Stuff you have poo poo'd so far says you are looking for a Goldilocks Car that may mean you have to play the long game for. Wanting under 100K and so far under 10 years old and sub $10K is stretch. Basically you are going to have to Johnny on the spot when an estate sale car comes up and before the a dealership or estate knows it's actual market worth that is not what you are willing to pay.

You are wanting a Town Car for Crown Vic money.

I agree, I think OP is out of touch with 2023 nice-Panther-pricing.

I agree, I think OP is out of touch with 2023 nice-Panther-pricing.
To people that have not used shop since the COVID and inflation shocks to the market for new vehicle prices that have also affect used are in for a reality check. While used market has come off the highs of the COVID supply constraints, they are never going back down completely where they were pre COVID.

I think if the COVID market had never happened, he would find something for what he is currently looking at but that is just not current reality.

Last edited:
Back