WRX Opinions

It's dead-nuts on, taken it to the drag track several times running my Dragy and the times are v. close/less than a tenth difference. I had a comparo table at one point. Dragy is a super-accurate GPS receiver. This should not be confused with Torque Pro and other apps that use your phone and are not nearly as accurate. Also, as always with performance data, so many variables. That day was my best and it was 1) cold 2)~200 msl 3) running an E30 blend and 4) at a complete weight of ~3400 pounds including me - total daily weight is ~3600 pounds so I had removed all I could within reason/1/8 tank of fuel etc. Basically best possible time. My average over ~30 runs is ~12.7/106 which would a better overall number to use. My 60' time best is 1.88 but usually about 1.95 - the DSG with awd and launch control is key. Really impressive for a car that cost ~$19K new (before TTL) with about $5K of mods to get it that way.
From a dig, you got it, but from a roll, sounds like a stock 98 camaro :p

I remember one we sold one time (I worked at a dealership). It was a 1998, 113k miles, automatic. Bone stock the new owner ran 13.3@105 on the old ratty tires we sold it with. Then he staged a huge shot, ran a large stall and a DR, and mild cam, LTs, and was turning 10.30s@130.

I'm just saying, stock, an LS1 fbody is STILL no joke.

All this to also say...your car has way more mod potential than a WRX. A wrx is going to be a 13 second car, any way you slice it with bolt on/non internal mods for the average driver, and in the 14s stock even with a very good driver.

Back