The next Subaru Forester

Subaru is on the ball in making every single one of their models ugly. The 2023 Outback with the Alice Cooper front end, the WRX with more black plastic then a Maaco bodyshop, then this.

6981B98F-9404-4107-A981-0E72A7D93912.jpeg

I really like the Crosstrek. The forester has always been more of a vehicle that doesn't look like much but is probably pretty good. The Crosstrek has nice ground clearance for fishing and hunting and more backroads adventures. I would put snow tires on one if I had the Crosstrek. I do like some of the bold colors too especially the Grabber Blue like the Ford Mustang.

Up to now, they've followed the same formula, so perhaps at some point, Subaru will have their "Volvo" moment, and make design a higher priority.

I don't know which is worse, that LAME black and white color scheme or that warped, pieced together mural behind it with the multicolor tile floor and the fake rocks! The whole picture looks like it was (poorly!) Photoshopped by an attention deficient 8 year old! Possibly the same one that designed the body style of the car.

The car looks like some of the old junkers that I see around the 'hood that have been pieced together from parts of several other cars, all with different paint colors.

The Forester has always been hideous, every generation. My favorite is the "sport" version. There is nothing sporty about a Forester.

The Forester has always been hideous, every generation. My favorite is the "sport" version. There is nothing sporty about a Forester.
Since you’ve obviously never owned one, you’d be surprised; “sport” doesn’t mean fast in everyone’s book.

Mazda has sold well over 1M Miata’s without ever making more power than the Forester…

That’s just some guys rendering, it’s not an official photo. 2025 model will be revealed at some auto show somewhere in spring/summer of 2024 probably.
I wanted to let them chum it up a little… a quick search revealed that was the only pic and no other announcements about a new model on the entire internet. You shoulda let a few more of them show their hind faces before exposing them 🤭

Back