Would you recommend Everstart or is there truth in the alternative name 'NeverStart'?

Would you recommend Everstart or is there truth in the alternative name 'NeverStart'?
I heard some mechanics and people refer to it as never start so just curious

thx

My experience with Everstart has been + :p

Replaced my (now sold) '18 Forester OEM battery with Everstart in 2022.
Replaced my daughter's Ford Edge battery with Everstart in 2020.
No complaints with either.

Nothing wrong with Everstart batteries. Probably some of the best to buy due to the easiest replacement under warranty. My car currently has a Napa AGM in it, if I needed to warranty it I would hope it happens where/when there is a Napa close by.

Have used Everstart Max batteries since about 2003 consistently. No issues or warranty returns with them. Am more skeptical of the value line as the only one I purchased had to be warrantied for leakage after ten months. So far, so good on replacement.

I have used a few Everstart batteries. They have lasted similarly to most any other auto battery that I've used. They provide enough cranking power. They never left me stranded.

Don't let the nickname stop you from using Everstart batteries, if you want to.

Nearly all of the Everstart batteries sold at WalMart are either produced by Clarios (formerly Johnson Controls) or East Penn. Other brands made by Clarios include batteries labeled: Interstate, DieHard, Autozone-Duralast, Advance Auto-Autocraft, Delco, Honda, Nissan, Toyota. East Penn makes batteries labeled Deka, Duracell, NAPA, Oreilly's SuperStart/Proformer and others. You can determine the manufacturer by looking at the part number on an Everstart battery on the bar code label. Clarios batteries will start with "JC", while East Penn batteries will start with "EP".

I prefer the East Penn batteries, but Clarios batteries are a close second. Both are good quality batteries and any need for a replacement under warranty is easy to claim at your local WalMart.

Last edited:

thx
ignore the youtubers and their clickbait material.

the batteries are fine, and its not like walmart are making these batteries themselves. its comes from one only a few mfgs in the world. East pen on the north east, clarios everywhere else, and i could be mistaken deka has some territory as well.

Those same batteries are also whats sold under auto parts brand.

I am at the point where I buy Everstart batteries exclusively. I check to ensure that the serial number starts with EP (East Penn) add have never had a problem, they've all lasted for either 6 to 7 years or longer than I owned the car. I've had a number of Exide made batteries die in a year or two, no longer touch those.

thx
I thought mechanics don't have too much time on their hands these days...but I digress. Walmart sells WAY TOO MANY of these batteries and they don't have that reputation -period.

And many smaller towns across America have Walmarts. So exchanging one shouldn't be a big deal.

I’m not a fan of EverStart Maxx or Dura Last. Neither have lived up to my expectations in the Hyundai or KIA vehicles that I’ve owned in the past. They were Johnson Controls made.

ignore the youtubers and their clickbait material.

the batteries are fine, and its not like walmart are making these batteries themselves. its comes from one only a few mfgs in the world. East pen on the north east, clarios everywhere else, and i could be mistaken deka has some territory as well.

Those same batteries are also whats sold under auto parts brand.
Deka is East Penn.

I replace my Everstarts every 3 years with the cheapest Everstart Walmart sells. In my area they are East Penns. Never had a problem.

east penn for sure, factory in pa is about 60 miles + sellers of rebranded batteries look for closer suppliers due to the lbs!! all my batteries are OLDER + my 13 Vic Hammer has the OE battery + my CTek charger used regularly is the reason IMO!!

There is nothing wrong with Walmart's Everstart batteries :)

On the east cost, they seem to be made by East Penn/Deka, so they are as good as any other battery East Penn makes.

I’m not a fan of EverStart Maxx or Dura Last. Neither have lived up to my expectations in the Hyundai or KIA vehicles that I’ve owned in the past. They were Johnson Controls made.

then your problem is with JCI (now Clarios), not Walmart and Autozone. A Clarios battery bought elsewhere won't be as good as a Deka-made battery from Walmart.

If you really want a bad battery, get Exide :poop:

Its the only battery I purchase, hardly any issues. I almost always get AGM or top of the line MAXX.

Seems they are made in china now.
IMG_1852.jpeg

Good battery for the price. I think they are about the same as what Costco / AAA sell at the same warranty level but a lot cheaper. Obviously they probably use different lead between 1yr, 3yr, 5yr warranty models but within the same they probably are from the same factory and same design. All commodity these days.

Back