Warranty Experience - Walmart EverStart Plus

You must have because they close at 11 PM...Call them....
Yup, you're right. Went and grabbed the receipt, it was actually a few minutes after 11 (must have been closing.) Thought it was later than that. Memory is the last thing to go I guess....LOL

I know for a fact they used to be open 24/7. Probably stopped during Corona Virus.....

Reactions: hrv
That's never been my experience. Otherwise you could pick up a scrap battery within the warranty period and get a new one.
No it's true with Walmart. The label is scanned at purchase and indicates when the battery was purchased.

Just wanted to post this thread in case anyone is considering an EverStart battery from Walmart. I picked one up back in November of last year for the Focus. As you would expect, it was considerably cheaper than many of the alternatives. With a 2-year replacement warranty, I figured I'd give it a shot.

The bad news? The battery only made it 4 months before going bad. Owell, stuff fails, now let's see about that replacement warranty...

Good news? I was able take the bad battery to the automotive section and have it replaced no questions asked. In fact, they didn't even test the battery (which surprised me).

The lead tech that replaced the battery told me they don't even need the receipt, just as long as the barcode on the top of the battery is in place. Furthermore, he informed me that the warranty of the replacement battery extends from today - not from the original purchase. So the 2-year replacement warranty is reset upon replacement.
The part about the warranty restarting with the new one is not true. I have warrantied 5-6 walmart batteries over the year and EACH time they clearly told me the warranty on the replacement battery is only what's left on the original (bad) battery. You don't get a full warranty on the replacement - just what's left on the one you replaced.

The part about the warranty restarting with the new one is not true. I have warrantied 5-6 walmart batteries over the year and EACH time they clearly told me the warranty on the replacement battery is only what's left on the original (bad) battery. You don't get a full warranty on the replacement - just what's left on the one you replaced.

We are both only reciting what we were told by someone else. I wasn't able to find the warranty information online or in writing to confirm either view.

If anything, I think this thread proves that the experience can vary highly from one store to the next.

Last edited:
We are both only reciting what we were told by someone else. I wasn't able to find the warranty information online or in writing to confirm either view.

If anything, I think this thread proves that the experience can vary highly from one store to the next.

Found it!​

Warranty information​

The EverStart battery three year Free Replacement period begins the day of the purchase and expires three years from date of purchase. If your battery tests defective within the Free Replacement Period, we will exchange your battery for a comparable new one at no charge at any Walmart store nationwide that sells auto batteries. The replacement battery provided during the Free Replacement Period carries the remainder of the original warranty period dating from your initial date of purchase or 90 days, whichever is longer. There is no other warranty outside of the Free Replacement period and expires when you sell or transfer your vehicle. For product related questions call 888.387.8278. EverStart Battery Limited Warranty: https://clariosdigitallibrary.widen.net/s/mhtl8q6cj7/everstart_battery_warranty

You probably got lucky and they processed yours as a return vs a warranty. Then your new one was a "new sale."

I went to get a replacement for my Oldsmobile and they didn't know how to warranty battery so they called a manager. Then I was told they needed to charge it up and I had to come back during normal automotive hours. I had to purchase a new battery then go in next day for them to credit me. They put battery on charger for a couple of hours then called me to let me know battery was bad and to come in at my convenience for a refund. I never got over 2.5 years out of there batteries. I now buy from Goodyear since it can be replaced at any Goodyear and they pay for towing I believe for a year.

The few WM's near me changed to 11PM due to covid and never changed back.

I've had several of the Maxx version and can't recall having to warranty replace one, though multiple times it has been a burden to get the core return refund if buying online... gets charged wrong as extra tax amount instead of a separate line item for core charge. Store states "can't get it processed, call 1-800-walmart" which I do to get core charge back. That always works so when I take the old battery in and they tell me they can't refund the core charge, I just leave it with them anyway then call in.

Just wanted to post this thread in case anyone is considering an EverStart battery from Walmart. I picked one up back in November of last year for the Focus. As you would expect, it was considerably cheaper than many of the alternatives. With a 2-year replacement warranty, I figured I'd give it a shot.

The bad news? The battery only made it 4 months before going bad. Owell, stuff fails, now let's see about that replacement warranty...

Good news? I was able take the bad battery to the automotive section and have it replaced no questions asked. In fact, they didn't even test the battery (which surprised me).

The lead tech that replaced the battery told me they don't even need the receipt, just as long as the barcode on the top of the battery is in place. Furthermore, he informed me that the warranty of the replacement battery extends from today - not from the original purchase. So the 2-year replacement warranty is reset upon replacement.
Total opposite for me. They won't take the old one back unless I have the purchase receipt, I just take a pic of it on my phone now, that has worked the last 2 times.

Back