Would you buy a car if......

Status
Not open for further replies.
you had been in an accident in the same model? I never posted on here, but about a month or so ago I was in an accident in a friends 2007 Eclipse. I honestly thought the Eclipse did an amazing job in the crash, mostly considering we got hit at 35-40 MPH and the Altima that hit us was totaled. We were all fine, fortunately. I have been thinking, since then, would I buy one now that I was in a wreck in one? At first I said absolutely not, mostly because when you think about how much an accident freaks you out, you don't want a repeat vehicle. But at the same time, it kept us safe, and I know that it holds up well. So with that in mind, I was thinking I may be able to look past it if it was something I was really interested in. So, would you guys be able to buy a car that you were in a crash in, if it had kept you safe and all? Just wondering if I'm the only one thinking like this or not!

The 00 to 07 tauruses were ridiculously safe for their time. I know a few people that walked away or lives through wrecks they shouldn't have. They went and bought another one since they felt they are alive because of their choice of car.

Well I walked out 2 times without a scratch from accidents in my 03 altima at much higher speeds(around 70-80). Totaled doesn't mean unsafe. I still have remote from that car somewhere as a reminder that it saved my life.
And back to topic, yes I would buy Altima, and yes same gen too.

Last edited:
If you were involved in an accident with a car, and that car took good care of all occupants, why wouldn't you buy another?
The car proved that it would protect its passengers in a pretty severe impact.
What more could you want?
It also wasn't as though the accident was somehow caused by some failing in braking or handling of the Eclipse.

Originally Posted By: fdcg27
If you were involved in an accident with a car, and that car took good care of all occupants, why wouldn't you buy another?
The car proved that it would protect its passengers in a pretty severe impact.
What more could you want?
It also wasn't as though the accident was somehow caused by some failing in braking or handling of the Eclipse.

I totally get your point. It did a really good job and I like the fact that it has the curtain airbads and seat airbags

Remember this commercial?

Many years ago a coworker walked away from a very serious accident in her SAAB. She went right out and bought another one, no hesitation.

Yes. Ive bought more than one W123 Mercedes because of how it held up and protected when I was rearended sitting still by a girl doing 50-60MPH.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back