Saw a unicorn in the way to work today.....

Believe it or not I came across an accident scene in the last hour.

A friggin DeLorean was crashed into a light pole. Must've been stolen. I wish the police presence wasn't so thick or i would've gotten some pics.

Unbelievable!!

Delorean and a light pole, huh? I saw the same thing, and I got a picture.

954AAA90-5B9C-4B6D-B473-8C6F18A41D2C.jpeg

Random Delorean sightings are always fun.

About ten years ago, I was on old Rt. 66 in California's Mojave Desert. Not on the interstate, this is the old road from Ludlow east through Amboy, Cadiz, Essex etc and it is super desolate and empty. Gorgeous right after sunrise and right before sunset, and opressively hot and sunny the rest of the day. At some point I realized I was almost the only car on the road, so I decided to check the odometer and see how many miles I could drive before seeing another car. I drove about twelve miles before eventually a silver speck appeared on the horizon. You guessed it, it was a Delorean. What are the odds? I'm specifically looking for the next car, and it turns out to be a Delorean. Not a beige Camry, but a Delorean. I waved at the guy when it passed. It was like seeing a real-life mirage.

About ten years ago, I was on old Rt. 66 in California's Mojave Desert. Not on the interstate, this is the old road from Ludlow east through Amboy, Cadiz, Essex etc and it is super desolate and empty.
That's my favorite section. A few years ago they closed it for repairs and I don't think ever reopened it

I drove a delorean once. I was very unimpressed with it.

One of the local doctors offered to sell me his not so old DeLorean. It was in perfect condition - had hardly even been driven. But I had read that they had poor driving performance and didn't follow up on the offer. That's probably why he wanted to sell it.

About ten years ago, I was on old Rt. 66 in California's Mojave Desert. Not on the interstate, this is the old road from Ludlow east through Amboy, Cadiz, Essex etc and it is super desolate and empty. Gorgeous right after sunrise and right before sunset, and opressively hot and sunny the rest of the day. At some point I realized I was almost the only car on the road, so I decided to check the odometer and see how many miles I could drive before seeing another car. I drove about twelve miles before eventually a silver speck appeared on the horizon. You guessed it, it was a Delorean. What are the odds? I'm specifically looking for the next car, and it turns out to be a Delorean. Not a beige Camry, but a Delorean. I waved at the guy when it passed. It was like seeing a real-life mirage.
Back in the 80’s I was stationed at MCLB Barstow. Old Rt 66 was right out the back gate. One day soon after coming aboard, I rode my bike out the gate and headed east on 66. I was really impressed with myself as I didn’t break a sweat mile after mile at a great clip. Though I was in great physical shape anyway, it took me by surprise at how I never fatigued. After a few hours I turned back since I had to report for duty. I began peddling and quickly discovered why it had been so easy. I had a constant wind to my back heading east but a front wind heading back. Never felt the back wind heading out. It was my first time being stationed in the desert and a lesson learned that day. No long distance hump (force march) before or after, came close to the workout I got coming back to base that day. :LOL:

A DeLorean was at a 'church parking lot' car show last year.
The entire engine bay was a leaky, greasy mess which put out strong fumes.
As I recall, the interior wasn't harmoniously designed; just busy.

I would guess it didn’t quite make it to 88 MPH.
Years ago I had an older neighbor with a DeTomaso and a 454 Chevelle SS. I helped him wash them one Sunday and he says which one do you want take a ride in … “The fastest of course” …
I was looking back admiring the Pantera when the BBC almost snapped my neck 😵‍💫

I saw a Fisker Karma in a Taco Bell drive through in Malibu earlier this year. Don’t often see one of those cars from a defunct maker that got an inordinate amount of press in the car mags. Wonder how many of those were even made.

jeff

My coworker has a Delorean, passed down to him after his father passed (and a C1 Vette.) The Delorean group is a devoted bunch. Within a year he got it fully up and running after 20 years of sitting in a garage.

Back