Wipers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought Trico Neoforms for the rental car I have now for $38... Way, way better than the garbage that was on there. And the "washer" fluid had to have been Dawn dish soap mixed up with water. It foamed up on the windshield. Ran that junk out empty and replaced with REAL windshield washer fluid by Rain X good down to -25°F. Now, everything is way, way better.

I really like Bosch blades but, they are outrageously priced at the local parts stores. I can get OE replacement wipers much cheaper for my KIA and Ford. Both OE replacements are made by Valeo and they are as good or better than Bosch.

Hope those clean your windshield as well as they did your wallet.... j/k.

Agreed, nothing worse than bad wipers. I just replace mine each year with WW Supertech ones.

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
Anyone using Rain-X blades?

I have Rain X on my Tacoma. They are good blades, I just do like how big the connector box on the blade is. It just sticks up too much.

Here in Florida wipers only last a year so I purchase them online.

RockAuto had a clearance sale and bought about 7 sets. Some were Trico and others were NAPA silicone.

I have in the past Oneyejack. The Rain X Latitudes we're rather good in their original way of being made. Then they made them with "water repellency" and those aren't worth a #1 in a head wind. Start chattering in a very short period of time. Get the original Rain X Latitudes without that junk and you will be good to go.

Originally Posted By: NormanBuntz
I've bought top quality Denso and AC Delco blades from Rock Auto for less than $5 each, and shipping was cheap for 8 blades (3 cars).

I get them when "adding fluff" to an order to fill the box they are charging me $9.99 to ship

Originally Posted By: MParr
I really like Bosch blades but, they are outrageously priced at the local parts stores. I can get OE replacement wipers much cheaper for my KIA and Ford. Both OE replacements are made by Valeo and they are as good or better than Bosch.

I got a set of OE Bosch blades on Rockauto for my Mercedes that were around $30, dealer probably would have been around $50 or it'd be part of the $300 Service A oil change. They didn't last much longer than the standard 6 months. So I've been buying the closeout ones that rockauto has for around $3. The Valeo ones they had were pretty good, but now they only have the Trico Neoform which are $2.24 a blade which are ok but the Valeo were better. They charge outrageous shipping for just blades so it's worth it to get 3 or 4 sets at a time.

Originally Posted By: Wolf359
Originally Posted By: MParr

I got a set of OE Bosch blades on Rockauto for my Mercedes that were around $30, dealer probably would have been around $50 or it'd be part of the $300 Service A oil change. They didn't last much longer than the standard 6 months. So I've been buying the closeout ones that rockauto has for around $3. The Valeo ones they had were pretty good, but now they only have the Trico Neoform which are $2.24 a blade which are ok but the Valeo were better. They charge outrageous shipping for just blades so it's worth it to get 3 or 4 sets at a time.

For your 2010, get the Bosch 3397118938. The price has dropped to $19/pair on RA. If you combine the order with filters and other lightweight items from the same warehouse you can usually get the entire order to ship for less than $8.

The Bosch Icons I bought locally for around $35 are still going strong with no streaks, smudges or squeeks. I've been using them since 2015, through 2 Michigan winters so far and this will be the 3rd winter. I planned on replacing them after a year of buying them, but they keep on working like new. I have a pair of Denso ready to replace them, but they're still going just fine. I'm quite impressed with the Bosch Icons and how long they are lasting.

ST or NAPA (when on sale) at 6 month intervals for me.

Some of those Euro cars have unique designs so OE is a must. Oh well. Thankfully her Volvo takes normal blades.

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
Anyone using Rain-X blades?

A couple of year ago I needed some for the VW, the icons didn't fit well or any others so as a last ditch effort I got the Rain-X latitude. I didn't really want to buy blades from a snake oil windshield coating company and figured they would be a 3 month deal.

They fit perfectly and are on their second or third winter, no streaks or chatter that needed correcting just a great blade. I have since used them on a number of cars all with the same good result. I'm sold, they are good blades.

Wiper blades are one of those things that usually don’t work the same across all car models. The longer blades are especially challenging. My KIA uses a 24” conventional blade on the driver’s side and a 18”conventional blade on the passenger side. I can use pretty much any 18” brand with no problems. The 24” is another story. For the 24” only Bosch Excel+ or OE/Valeo equivalent will work, everything else jumps or doesn’t make complete contact. My Ford Escape requires 28” blades. It’s picky, too. Motorcraft OE or Valeo equivalents and Bosch Spectrum Direct Fit have worked well. We don’t get much wintery weather down here so, winter blades don’t apply to me. If most of you prefer Bosch, buying them online is better than the local parts house. I have discovered that buying local at the dealership is cheaper than buying at the local parts stores.

Last edited:
I used to see Bosch wipers go on sale regularly here, but not any longer. Partsource and Canadian Tire often advertise their regular price, but they just don't discount them any longer. They charge a lot of money for them, too, close to a 200% margin, which I suppose is pretty sweet for them, given they take up very little real estate and never give discounts.

I buy Ancos from one of my suppliers instead, at less than half the price, and he's still making money off of me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back