Windshield Wipers Dragging; Solution?

Carefully examine in different angles the light going through the glass. Chances are you have very small pitting? DON"T use steel wool that use to be an "old School" thing but even back in the day it WILL scratch your glass.
There is no need to spend money on high dollar wipers, I recommend an inexpensive brand and change them at least before the rain season or 2-4 times a year. I also not not recommend anything to be used on the glass except glass clean. Many of the other thing can and does accumulate in the small pits and will adversely effect the wipers effectively wiping the water off your glass.
The biggest complaints are from from people that have had their glass replaced. They don't realize that there are different quality and hardness of glass available. And that that guy in the no name truck with the "best" glass replacement deal is also buying the least quality glass on the market and it is likely harder glass which will pit faster and ultimately effect how well the wipers will work.
Definitely don't see the logic in saving money by changing blades 2-4x yearly. Yes the blades I choose to use are a bit costly, but to get 3 solid years of great performance out of a set is worth every penny to me. To each their own...

I recently splurged and bought the top end rain-x wiper blades. I use rain-x regularly on all windshields. I think the new blades are a silicone type.

they are the worst I’ve ever encountered, even with rain-x on the glass. They screech, skip, shudder, and badly. thats on the f 150. Same blades and treatment on the Lexus is buttery smooth. I recently cleaned and re-applied, and it was WORSE on the truck. So I later got home and took a soft cloth, and buffed yesterdays rain-x treatment in with a soft cloth, thoroughly, with moderate-firm pressure. That really seemed to help.

I recently splurged and bought the top end rain-x wiper blades. I use rain-x regularly on all windshields. I think the new blades are a silicone type.

they are the worst I’ve ever encountered, even with rain-x on the glass. They screech, skip, shudder, and badly. thats on the f 150. Same blades and treatment on the Lexus is buttery smooth. I recently cleaned and re-applied, and it was WORSE on the truck. So I later got home and took a soft cloth, and buffed yesterdays rain-x treatment in with a soft cloth, thoroughly, with moderate-firm pressure. That really seemed to help.
I had the same experience with the top-of-the-line Rain-X blades.

Watch the wipers closely as they pass on slowest speed. You will probably notice they are not flipping as they wipe. They have stiffened up in the downward flipped position where they've been resting for weeks or months. They need to be loosened back up, if possible.

Grab the blades and push them back and forth against the windshield while pressing them down, feeling the actual blade flip back and forth as you change direction. They also need to be clean so they grab the windshield which will help them flip instead of just gliding against themselves across the glass. Seriously, no blade will function properly once this happens to it.

I'd first spray the windshield with water then pick up some Glass Science glass scrub and apply. I had this same issue and it made a huge difference

Back