Why would any filter manufacturer advertise here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: blupupher
Originally Posted By: Hannibal
... That's why calling the tech hotlines will still be your best options for official communications.

Yes, but the official communications are full of fluff and no real answers that are asked.

Call Wix and ask about their filter efficiency.

Call Purolator and ask what is being done about issues with their filter media tearing.

You will not get an answer that is an actual answer.

Not sure about Wix. I did call Baldwin and got solid numbers back. And, posted them here.

I also called Purolator about the tearing issue, and while they tried to address the problem and help me out, they failed. I posted that all here as well, and for my trouble one particular member got personal and hounded me until I dropped all participation in the filter subforum. You see, I have a life, and better things to do than argue in circles endlessly.

I know the guy the OP is talking about...I brought up the issue to him where the orange cans were falling apart (the innards) years ago, and he acted like he never heard of such a thing...of course...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: PSS
Fram is good?

When I hear Fram I think orange can of death.

Yeah me too, but the guy the OP is talking about seems to have never heard of the self destructing orange cans...

Originally Posted By: HangFire
Originally Posted By: MolaKule
Quote:
So I guess my question is this: If you were a filter manufacturer of any brand, why would you want to advertise on this site?

Why wouldn't I want to advertise here if I have a lubricant or filtration or any other automotive product in which I wanted to gain exposure?

Because one particular member feels he dominates the oil filter subforum and will relentlously hound any poster with a different opinion. If you were to list all the issues from 0 to 6 that is z #1 problem with filter manufacturers advertising on this for0m.

It's called talking about facts. You got links you can post of "this person" that shows otherwise. I didn't think so. Where's your technical data inputs in all those discussions?

Originally Posted By: HangFire
I also called Purolator about the tearing issue, and while they tried to address the problem and help me out, they failed. I posted that all here as well, and for my trouble one particular member got personal and hounded me until I dropped all participation in the filter subforum. You see, I have a life, and better things to do than argue in circles endlessly.

Post up the links to those threads. Lot of haters of Purolator for various reasons, so I'd have to see it that was me or not. Recall, I was a super Purolator fanboy "company rep" at one time.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: grampi
I know the guy the OP is talking about...I brought up the issue to him where the orange cans were falling apart (the innards) years ago, and he acted like he never heard of such a thing...of course...

Post up the links to those threads. There is a lot of "twisting" and exaggeration going on in this discussion. Just more drama queen crying going on because some members can't take anybody arguing/debating about or shooting down their unsupported claims. Everyone has a right to voice how they see technical issues ... so "gut feelings" with no data to back something up will usually get challenged on this chat board.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix

Post up the links to those threads. There is a lot of "twisting" and exaggeration going on in this discussion. Just more drama queen crying going on because some members can't take anybody arguing/debating about or shooting down their unsupported claims. Everyone has a right to voice how they see technical issues ... so "gut feelings" with no data to back something up will usually get challenged on this chat board.

So in other words, if I don't post links, I'm a liar?

Those are your words ... just asking for you to back-up your claim. Just don't throw out a statement about something that happened a long time ago ("years ago" per your post above) and people reading it not really knowing if you're twisting things up or not. Horses mouth in this case = the actual thread you're talking about.

Those are your words ... just asking for you to back-up your claim. Just don't throw out a statement about something that happened a long time ago ("years ago" per your post above) and people reading it not really knowing if you're twisting things up or not. Horses mouth in this case = the actual thread you're talking about.

I don't need to dig through years of posts just to post a link....people in this thread know exactly what I'm talking about...

Sure they do, especially something that was posted years ago. Don't make claims you can't backup.

That goes for anyone else posting in this thread.

Sure they do, especially something that was posted years ago. Don't make claims you can't backup.

That goes for anyone else posting in this thread.

Who died and made you the thread police?

Don't make claims you can't back up ... its' how most people operate on this chat board.

Don't make claims you can't back up ... its' how most people operate on this chat board.

Go away...

No leg to stand on ... just as I thought.

Don't get me wrong. I don't jump because another poster tells me to...

You won't do it because you know you'll be embarrassed in your claim - just like the others here making claims. Not hard to see.

If I was Fram or WIX, I'd advertise here without a doubt.

Pennzoil advertises here and people still think their oil produces sludge..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back