Why isnt there more love for Quaker State?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by goggomobil
In the mid 70s,

( I do not miss the 70s! ).

The Night Life. The Boogie! The Quaaludes.

Cars have changed. Engines have changed. Even Coke went to New Coke, then Coke Classic, which is not the same as original Coke. Oil has changed. Not 1 oil on the market today, is the same formula as what was sold in The 70's.

Originally Posted by Smokescreen
Canadian market is a different animal. The stuff is scarce here.

Of course, that's very odd given how aggressively Wakefield markets up here. NAPA Canada has it available and advertises sales on it often enough.

Originally Posted by Fifty150
In the mid 70s,

Cars have changed. Engines have changed. Even Coke went to New Coke, then Coke Classic, which is not the same as original Coke. Oil has changed. Not 1 oil on the market today, is the same formula as what was sold in The 70's.

Oil has become SO good, that you can go into the store, pick your favorite color of oil container, ideally match up the grade of oil to the engine you have though something thin should be fine and be fine. Any 5W-30 as well as others will have the Starburst which is almost obsolete in and of itself, even budget oils will be API SN with very little if any exception if shopping in a well-traveled store, and will last 5000 or 6000 miles effortlessly. Speaking for me, I have under 3000 miles left on my first 10k oil change and the car drives better than when it was new. That said, you will always get the one guy that will say Pennzoil will wax your engine up or whatever they used to say, along with other wives tales. It is then, on you, to not believe the lie. This would make you wise in the face of foolishness.

It is an oil buyer's market. This is the American dream. Black gold. Texas tea. Drink up.

Originally Posted by talest
Any 5W-30 as well as others will have the Starburst

Just don't buy anything on the PQIA "DO NOT BUY" list.
[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by talest
Originally Posted by Fifty150
In the mid 70s,

Oil has become SO good, that you can go into the store, pick your favorite color of oil container, ideally match up the grade of oil to the engine you have though something thin should be fine and be fine. Any 5W-30 as well as others will have the Starburst which is almost obsolete in and of itself, even budget oils will be API SN with very little if any exception if shopping in a well-traveled store, and will last 5000 or 6000 miles effortlessly. Speaking for me, I have under 3000 miles left on my first 10k oil change and the car drives better than when it was new. That said, you will always get the one guy that will say Pennzoil will wax your engine up or whatever they used to say, along with other wives tales. It is then, on you, to not believe the lie. This would make you wise in the face of foolishness.

It is an oil buyer's market. This is the American dream. Black gold. Texas tea. Drink up.

Indeed

I think the Ultimate Durability is the best value synthetic out there when paying full price. Compared to Supertech

If you had to choose between PP and QSUD,and they were priced the exact same,which would you choose and why?

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
If you had to choose between PP and QSUD,and they were priced the exact same,which would you choose and why?

QSUD because it's not in my face all the time

The one that put theirs on sale with a rebate first!

Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson

But you always miss out on the rebates

Originally Posted by ad244

But you always miss out on the rebates

No that's not true you don't read BITOG often enough. I've gotten rebates from Quaker State, Havoline, Rotella and Valvoline. But I'm only 1 for 3 from Suxxszoil!

Originally Posted by littlehulkster
You do know that Rotella, Quaker State and Pennzoil are all the same company, right?

Yes so why didn't I get them all? That shows I know how to apply on line doesn't it. Suxxszoil ethics is the only answer I can come up with.

You do know that Rotella, Quaker State and Pennzoil are all the same company, right?

Yes so why didn't I get them all? That shows I know how to apply on line doesn't it. Suxxszoil ethics is the only answer I can come up with.

I'd be willing to wager that the same rebate center handles all of the Shell brands, so I guess the company just screwed up that time?

It can't have different ethics when it's the same corporation.

Originally Posted by dave1251

It can't have different ethics when it's the same corporation.

Really then how do you explain it some are earlier and some are later than the Suxxszoil rebates I didn't get. They are playing a game at reducing rebates paid. But contrary to other posts I do know how to submit a rebate.

FWIW I haven't gotten the last two of my Pennzoil rebates that I sent. The last time I did a rebate with them was two years ago. The first three went through with no problem. Nothing changed in my situation or submittal process..who knows.

Not a big deal for me either way. It's also not the reason I would or wouldn't buy Pennzoil. I just like a good deal. That's also why I like using QSUD based on the quality and the price I get it for at Wally.

QSUD for higher 100*C viscosity...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back