:::Why Ford Made An INCREDIBLE Blunder (RE 2019 Ford Ranger)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The MSRP is really right in line with its competitors. The days of sub $20k new pickups are over in the US.

Just keep buying old ones. I drove my 24 year old 200k mile Ranger to work today just because.

Originally Posted By: NDL
The blunder that Ford's market research team made with the 2019 Ranger is astronomical!

How does it rank in terms of classic blunders?

Originally Posted By: 01rangerxl
The MSRP is really right in line with its competitors. The days of sub $20k new pickups are over in the US.

The only ones left are the Chevy Colorado, GMC Canyon ($20k new), or Nissan Frontier ($18k new). And you've got to order the manual transmission & 2wd to get those prices.

Originally Posted By: oil_film_movies
Originally Posted By: 01rangerxl

The only ones left are the Chevy Colorado, GMC Canyon ($20k new), or Nissan Frontier ($18k new). And you've got to order the manual transmission & 2wd to get those prices.
If you order it, are you forced to pay MSRP or close to that? As in, might you wind up paying more to get less? [End of month mark downs, end of year mark downs, that sort of thing.]

Originally Posted By: supton
If you order it, are you forced to pay MSRP or close to that? As in, might you wind up paying more to get less? [End of month mark downs, end of year mark downs, that sort of thing.]

I've ordered 2 cars, an Infiniti and most recently a Mustang. For both the pricing details were worked out when the order was placed. For the Mustang I got whatever rebates were in effect either at the time of order or the time of delivery (whichever was greater). Neither was purchased at anything near MSRP. The Infiniti took the longest to get at 4 months. The Mustang was 8 weeks.

Last edited:
My opinion on the new Ranger will be set when I see one myself. I don't care what engine and transmission it has. Main criteria : bed height.

Am I able to reach inside the bed to pick up my stuff or do I have to climb up and down the bumper/tailgate ?

My own Ranger is now 12 years old. It's a 2WD 7' box single cab. The bed height is perfect for people who carry stuff and DON'T want to keep climbing up and down the box. I would however like to have an extended cab yet keep this bed height.

The only currently available pickup that offers a similar feature is the 2WD Tacoma, but it's so pricey... Maybe the Frontier too, but I have not yet seen a 2WD version on the road.

The new Colorado/Canyon lost any appeal after I saw one at a dealer.

Base Tacoma only has 180 ft-lbs.... pretty sad nowadays.

Last edited:
Regular cab trucks will go the way of the dinosaur
Legally they have to meet higher economy standards than a 4+ passenger truck due to the way laws are written and those laws (loopholes) were lobbied for hard by automakers.

These laws also make it nearly impossible to offer a stick shift because the auto maker needs to spend millions to re crash test each transmission type offered on the same vehicle.

Get rid of platform laws and allow vehicles that meet Euro standards to be sold here and you would see the auto market change overnight

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back