Why does my wife...

We all have our quirks. She has this nasty habit of braking next to cars which she's unsure of whether they see her or will pull out in front of her. It's so unnerving because I either brake before or pass.

Regarding Toothpaste, I buy the next tube, but wait until my fingers can't squeeze another pea sized glob from old tube. My wife has to tolerate my OCD tendencies, my short fuse, my resting bee-otch face, I have to accept her ADD personality. She's got more to accept than I do.

My wife always leaves closet doors mostly closed but not that last needed inch so the door striker actually latches. I have yet to call her on it and I'm not sure it's worth it.

She also leaves drinks in the fridge with a few swigs left, food with one or two forkfuls left, etc. JUST FINISH IT.

Why does my wife throw away toothpaste tubes with a dozen brushes left in it but has six partially used bars of soap by the sink?
My question, and I have asked oilBabe, is why does she leave the light on in the pantry after closing it, but refuses to turn the light on over the kitchen island when she is preparing food?

The pantry light is lighting the closed pantry.

For some reason my wife thinks we need to have a 5 year supply of butter in the freezer, always. Still love her after 46+ years! And, of course I have no faults whatsoever.
View attachment 201202
Aldi shopper? Lol. My fridge looks the same of my own doing. Butter was $2 off per pound I think. Rarely goes on sale here anymore.

When my wife is at a traffic light , she tends to " creep up " on the car in front of her if it's a long light . Drives me nuts . I've given her several reasons why that's a bad idea but it's a habit .

On a related topic - Shampoo.

Our daughter brought home a box of various shampoos she had tried, didn't like and had no intention of using up. I hate waste so I decided to use them up. Some of them were not very good but I came up with a way to use them up anyway.

I always wash and rinse my hair twice. So if I used the not-so-good shampoo first, then my regular good shampoo for the second wash my hair came out just fine. Seems the good shampoo corrects any problems from the bad shampoo. I used up all those partial shampoo bottles in a few months. And I might have saved a few bucks too.

PS I didn't use the one that contained henna - the last thing I need is reddish hair.

My "pet peeve" with my X was she always slopped everything up like the peanut butter jar, and jelly jar, peanut butter ALL OVER the WHOLE KNIFE! Peanut butter on the refrigerator door! peanut butter all over the counter! and don't EVEN get me started about the butter being all slopped up too!
I like to keep the butter straight and neat looking. Then, she used to put stuff back in the refrigerator ALL THE TIME!!! without sealing it up....... AND I ALWAYS HAD "ZIP LOC" bags!

On a related topic - Shampoo.

Our daughter brought home a box of various shampoos she had tried, didn't like and had no intention of using up. I hate waste so I decided to use them up. Some of them were not very good but I came up with a way to use them up anyway.

I always wash and rinse my hair twice. So if I used the not-so-good shampoo first, then my regular good shampoo for the second wash my hair came out just fine. Seems the good shampoo corrects any problems from the bad shampoo. I used up all those partial shampoo bottles in a few months. And I might have saved a few bucks too.

PS I didn't use the one that contained henna - the last thing I need is reddish hair.
I hate WASTE TOO!! I had all these packets of sour cream and Ranch dressing, I told my buddy, don't forget to take them home with him, and use them up!
You'll never guess what he told me to do with them!
OK, you hav ta guess now!.................................................PM me your guess, and I will announce the winner! (well, you don't really "win" anything, It's fun though!)

No need to cut the tube open like that. Just snip the bottom and you can extract the toothpaste by sticking the brush into the tube, I've gotten as many as 20 or so extra brushings from an "empty" tube.
I just disposed of a tube this past week end. I take the cap off and run drizzle an ounce or so of warm water in there and shake it up, then squirt the entire contents in my mouth then brush.

Now that I think of it, what a way to bootleg some Johnny Red or Southern comfort into the movies or concert or Cigar Bar. Toothpast tube! well rinsed of course ;)

Toothpaste habits......a roll of toilet paper darn near every day.....15, or so, types of shampoo.....multitudes of moisturizers and conditioners which are NEVER used.....and they say WE buy toys!

Sometime you try a new brand shampoo and it end up being garbage; I had some bottles lying around, then thought - well it should be good as Hand Soap - so right right in the nea- empty dispenser it goes!

Shampoo is also great for hand-washing sweaters or other fine washables.

And as I said here before and no one believes me - shampoo is also great for washing CARs. The rinse agents and paraben waxes and oils are GREAT for clearcoat.

Beats up Turtle Wax ZIP Wash by a mile. Well almost anything does in comparison , lol !

Waiting until bedtime or when I’m leaving for an appointment to decide to talk about stuff.
Having all of the waking hours of the day and hold it in until then. Waiting until 5:00 in the afternoon to decide to start an all day project. I’m up at 6:00 am most days and start my day then. By 5:00 pm I’m done. But after 44 years of marriage nothing will change. I love her just as she is. I have no quirks!!! Bullshift.

Back