Coast bar soap

I hate that body wash junk. I can be out walking the dog and tell when anyone is using it - the overwhelming stench wafts throughout the neighborhood. It's exactly the same as being around someone wh drenches themself with perfume or cologne.

Get over yourself, fella.
Liquid soap offers the option to carry a small bottle of it whilst traveling or hiking or out skinning bear (there, manly enough for you?)

As with most things, there are scenarios where either version of a product might be the better selection.

This is America. Please carry what you and your husband prefer.

What really skeeves me out is how some (I'm looking at YOU Hilton) have dispensers mounted to the walls and they get refilled.

I shave with bar soap. I can't shave with body wash - or shaving cream. I have BOTH bar and jar in my shower. Sometimes when I'm running late for work a quick grab of the bar soap washes my (extremely short) hair, face, and nether regions all in about 45 seconds. I shower twice a day though, so a quickie like that doesn't make me too funky. 'murica

You also can't use body wash on a squalling belt. All my old school homies know what I'm saying.....

And don't be hating on @Hermann and his tooter pinky nail. All rock stars have a tooter pinky nail ;)
I just Googled "tooter pinky nail" and this thread is the only thing that came up.:LOL: I guess I'll have to use my imagination.

We are in central Florida about 20 miles west of Orlando. I don't remember seeing peppermint soap at Costco here but I think they did have the Irish Spring. It will be a while before I need it anyway. My wife has her own bathroom and she uses some kind of girly soap in her shower.

It’s this one. Target seems to carry it nationally with a lot more variety including bar soap, but not at these prices. Only a tiny amount is needed.

I, like any real American man, use unscented bar soap and a stiff bristle scrub brush. My wife has always told me my skin is soft. Probably because I scrub the dead skin off with a brush and don't put a bunch of crap on it. duh....

Like Nate asked...what else is there? Or have men become so feminized they prefer liquid soap and a loofah? Carrying the latter into a shower on base (or in the field) would have earned a well-deserved butt-kicking 20 years ago. How times have changed.

Try Ivory or Safeguard. It rips dirt (and the first layer of the epidermis) off like sandpaper. And that's the way it should be.
Dr. Squatch is awesome bar soap. They even have a section that asks questions about what type of scent you like etc to help you pick out soap.

I just Googled "tooter pinky nail" and this thread is the only thing that came up.:LOL: I guess I'll have to use my imagination.
back in the day, putting illicit substances up your nose was referred to as tooting. a long pinky nail was used to dip into said bag of substance so you could take a toot or "toot up"

Each shower has two kinds all the time.
Diluted liquid Dr Bronners peppermint/lemon/almond (on rotation) in a pump.
A bar of Dr Bronners of various flavors in bars in the drawers.

From time to time we have stuff like lebanese hand made soap bars, or other high end milled soap bars.
We get country made soap bars that are fantastic as trades for tree fruits.
Outside of Bronners we don't buy grocery store soap.

Travel? No contest
Dr Bronner liquid in a genuine Nalgene no leak 3 ouncer, easily lasts two full week on the road.

IMG_5231.jpeg

Wow 5 pages in a day in a half about hand soap and it's not even about shop hand cleaner. Do we need to branch BITOG of into a new site? Maybe BITSG (Betty Is The Soap Gal)?

Betcha the Venn diagram between bar soap users, paste wax users, and Crown Vic owners would be interesting.

Me? Body wash means not having to deal with much, if any, soap scum when cleaning the shower, and that's a big win in my book.

And the stuff I buy doesn't have much of a residual scent either.

Betcha the Venn diagram between bar soap users, paste wax users, and Crown Vic owners would be interesting.

Me? Body wash means not having to deal with much, if any, soap scum when cleaning the shower, and that's a big win in my book.

The thread titles would probably be similar.

To Castile or Not?
Advantages of Pre-dilution
Post your favorite Dr. Bronner's and Why?
Is biodegradable all it's cracked up to be?
Help me choose Dawn or Palmolive for hand dish washing
Will Cascade harm my Williams Sonoma dishes?
Soap scum problems

I use Dial and sometimes Irish spring bar soap with a rough sponge (sourced foam from a couch cushion) for showers and scrubbing my face.
the days I wear scents I go with gold bar Dial BUT I have gotten surprisingly good results from Axe Dark Temptation body wash which is kind of a peppery dark chocolate scent

a Bar of Zote for clothing stains, handwashing dishes, quick wipe downs on my dogs, cleaning anything that goes in the fish tank, cleaning hands/body after getting grease from working on vehicles and is the only soap I take innawoods

use both paste and liquid wax but I did really like the old liquid Zymol

I'll be 46 in May
couldnt use my old login because it was made a long time ago. How long you ask? I used green German Castrol in my 95' Pathy
trop artic when it was cool and Auto RX......twice LOL

I prefer my cars mid to late 60s GM
first car a 65' Cutlass had a 68' Electra had a 6spd 97' SS Camaro too
my trucks Japanese
84' Montero, 95' Pathy BEST vehicle I ever owned, 04' Armada and my current 05' Xterra DD
and my motorcycles Italian
Aprilia Falcos x2 prolly going to get a third one or maybe an RSV Mille had a 600 ninja and a Honda Superhawk as well

never owned a Crown Vic actually

The thread titles would probably be similar.

To Castile or Not?
Advantages of Pre-dilution
Post your favorite Dr. Bronner's and Why?
Is biodegradable all it's cracked up to be?
Help me choose Dawn or Palmolive for hand dish washing
Will Cascade harm my Williams Sonoma dishes?
Soap scum problems
Bronners is another great innawoods soap but is special tier powerful stuff, especially the peppermint ones while the almond seems a bit tamer

as far as soap scum I have found that the older bar soap is the more likely its going to leave something behind. Zote is only good for about 6 months tops because it is made with tallow and I think coconut oil so it gets rancid and separates unless kept cool and sealed
liquid soap with preservatives lasts a lot longer

One thing about those refillable hotel toiletry sets… unless they are lockable in such a way that prevents unauthorized filling, any guest with a sick mind could unscrew the tops and put something other than shampoo/body wash/lotion in there. Nair, Veet, or other depilatory products are often used. It’s a sick, sad world, unfortunately.

Back