Why do women cancel on me all the time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ZZman
Women like confidence.
Women like men that make them laugh.
Women like men that can carry on conversation.
Women like attractive men.
Women like men with power.
Women like men with money.
Women like men that make them feel attractive.

How many ya got?

This

Originally Posted By: Al
I knew by the title who was posting.

Its actually pretty obvious why they are canceling

Without a network of friends your chances of getting a decent date are minuscule ...unless you have a lot to offer..even then..you first need an introduction. I am 72..if I were single I could get a date/week. I am nothing special but I am in good shape, shave and otherwise look decent. I have a good reputation. I have friends who would be happy to intro me.

So in short. You need friends who know you and can vouch for you. You have to be decent looking, well manicured, and otherwise have something to offer....like intelligence, good conversation..etc. And you don't find a trout in a mackerel barrel...And they (the good ones) are not looking in a mackerel barrel.

Good for you, seriously. At 72, if lucky enough to get there, I don't see me having any desire to date or have sex. Hopefully I'm wrong, but I doubt it.

You are lucky to have Women cancel a date. I can get Women to even say yes to a date !! It took a while to be able to fess up to the fact.

Women like confidence.

How many ya got?
The list is why i can't get a date.

You meet women everywhere.
I'm an older guy now and remain happily married, but a woman a good twenty years younger than I struck up a conversation with me this afternoon at a specialty food store and I of course replied.
There was little doubt that I could have gotten her phone number and the vampire repellent I wear on my left hand 24/7 didn't seem to deter her.
My point that you should stay off of online dating sites and just get out and about a little more.
You will meet women and you will meet one who likes what she sees in you.
Also, drop the air of desperation. There is no more reliable woman repellent. Nasty women will often set you up for a meet and then cancel just to show that they can jerk you around and then chuckle about it with their friends. These are also women you really don't want anything to do with.
Take heart and have some confidence in yourself and your worth as a man.

Maybe women find the OP boring ?
Maybe women have certain characteristics they look for (want) ?
Maybe they want to marry up ?
Maybe they have nothing in common with OP ?
Maybe the OP has a strange personality?
Etc, etc... etc...

I was at the Publix deli last week and a woman offered me a piece of the turkey the deli clerk gave her to sample. Then she (customer) offered a piece of roast beef... and said I have very nice blue eyes. LOL

Hmmm...?

I've never worn a wedding ring cause I dislike the feeling.

Women like confidence.

How many ya got?

Money and that’s it.

I’m a tall harmless prude that normally doesn’t say much.

80% of men 18-35 are single, never married, no kids
There are reasons for that.

As to me I’ve only dated a few women in my life and it was always when they asked me out.
They were all pretty broken people or just plain terrible.

The chances I’ve had in person have always been with people that are too old or way too young, my own age seem to be very bitter and jaded. Further half of the interested parties have been married.
I was always the boy that had the 45 year old teacher interested

And If I do the asking it’s never worked.

Online it’s about a 10:1 ratio of men to women, (unless your over 50)
for me out of 100 messages sent I get about one response and that’s more or less what I’m told you can expect .
The only guy I know who was successful on pof (a dating site) was the most putrid terrible human I have ever met,
He had no respect for anyone and would call someone ugly to their face, he was neither strong, nor rich, nor powerful, nor attractive, he might make you laugh though, his license plate read the penetrator in Spanish he ended up with a 21 year old law student as a wife (he’s 35)

At work we have about a 1:50 ratio between the genders, that was the same deal at college.

Out of all my friends only 1 is married, and they met young,
I honestly believe unless you meet up young your more or less screwed,

Being responsible with a good job and bank doesn’t mean anything anymore.

Things are very different these days, going to a bar for example usually has no one under 50 in attendance

I think we have our own “lost generation “ going on

I'm 35 and am on my second marriage. Women can be great but are lots of work and I have yet to of been involved with one my age that is good with money. I don't know if its my generation or what but a majority of them have lots of issues which don't always surface until you are already hooked.

I dated a few between my first wife and my current wife that were pretty out there. Even my current wife ( been married 5 years) has issues that I didn't find out about until a year or two after we had been married. Women can be very manipulative and hide stuff, I was slow to learn that.

I love my wife but if I could do it all over again i'd invest in my career and live my life for me instead of chasing women around. In the end I honestly believe they are more work than it's worth.

I'd just go live your life and be you. If you happen to stumble into a woman that has the same lifestyle as you and you two "join forces" then great. If not and you are alone, you can be happy in the life you have created for you. Just make sure to create a good social circle so you aren't alone all the time.
smile.gif

Last edited:
Over 50, the situation improves for men who manage to stay alive. There are women that age who are single from being widowed. They are often not crazy, just lonely.

Last edited:
Just try to keep as many hooks in the water as possible.

If this particular woman doesn’t respond anymore, then forget her. Don’t stick to a no-winning game. Just move along to the next target and focus on what’s ahead.

Continue this iteration until you find the right woman. Be prepared for 20-50 iterations or so before you meet the right girl. You’ll get there eventually. It’s a hunting game. Enjoy the ride.

Originally Posted By: finmile
Just try to keep as many hooks in the water as possible.

If this particular woman doesn’t respond anymore, then forget her. Don’t stick to a no-winning game. Just move along to the next target and focus on what’s ahead.

Continue this iteration until you find the right woman. Be prepared for 20-50 iterations or so before you meet the right girl. You’ll get there eventually. It’s a hunting game. Enjoy the ride.

Exactly, don’t waste much time, if they are interested things will go fine.

Many times if you put in a lot of work and get the girl you will be very disappointed 1-2 months down the road when you discover their baggage.

Originally Posted By: Huie83
I'm 35 and am on my second marriage. Women can be great but are lots of work and I have yet to of been involved with one my age that is good with money. I don't know if its my generation or what but a majority of them have lots of issues which don't always surface until you are already hooked.

I dated a few between my first wife and my current wife that were pretty out there. Even my current wife ( been married 5 years) has issues that I didn't find out about until a year or two after we had been married. Women can be very manipulative and hide stuff, I was slow to learn that

I'd just go live your life and be you. If you happen to stumble into a woman that has the same lifestyle as you and you two "join forces" then great. If not and you are alone, you can be happy in the life you have created for you. Just make sure to create a good social circle so you aren't alone all the time.
smile.gif

Yes, the 30 something’s all seem to have pretty major issues, they also enjoy putting a person in text message he’ll for months even when they intend to stay single the rest of their life (must like to pretend they are trying I guess)

I think a lot of people under a certain age weren’t taught how to be a human.
Whether it’s drugs, Wolf culture, feeling justified to steal, getting mad and grabbing the drivers steering wheel hard so the car exits a paved surface, disease, and I could go on (these are all things I’ve encountered)
There are a lot of not worth your time folks around.

Originally Posted By: Rmay635703

Money and that’s it.

No disrespect, but you couldn't be more wrong.

No mystery as to why you don't do well with women.

Money and that’s it.

Couldn’t be more wrong about what?
The homeless guys downtown all have girl friends.

And no there isn’t any mystery,

but it’s mainly because I don’t try anymore
and because I’m not funny
Not talkative, not confident , not passionate , hate chasing after people.

I rather be drawing circuit boards or lost in the wilderness or cutting wood
Than in a bar trying to drum up conversation with strangers.

There was a time in my life that I was generous, caring, self sacrificing
But that did not work out well so I am quite guarded which doesn’t help matters.

I used to figure I could be with most anyone but was proven wrong one too many times.

Now days I rather just talk to someone and get to know them as a friend but it is very difficult to find someone like my minded,
that doesn’t just want to jump in bed right away.

I have no interest in being flirty and funny with a stranger, I rather talk to them plainly about the boring stuff

Ah well, too bad so sad, I reject the way the game is played, so I will likely stay single.

Money and that’s it.

Couldn’t be more wrong about what?
The homeless guys downtown all have girl friends.

And no there isn’t any mystery,

but it’s mainly because I don’t try anymore
and because I’m not funny
Not talkative, not confident , not passionate , hate chasing after people.

I rather be drawing circuit boards or lost in the wilderness or cutting wood
Than in a bar trying to drum up conversation with strangers.

There was a time in my life that I was generous, caring, self sacrificing
But that did not work out well so I am quite guarded which doesn’t help matters.

I used to figure I could be with most anyone but was proven wrong one too many times.

Now days I rather just talk to someone and get to know them as a friend but it is very difficult to find someone like my minded,
that doesn’t just want to jump in bed right away.

I have no interest in being flirty and funny with a stranger, I rather talk to them plainly about the boring stuff

Ah well, too bad so sad, I reject the way the game is played, so I will likely stay single.

I like the way you think and live your life. Lots of time is wasted trying to find "the perfect one" because that's the social norm right? Grow up, find a woman to settle down with and have some kids....

I wish I would have stayed single much longer and just lived, traveled and not really force looked for a mate. I think you can meet someone that is much more like you if you aren't looking. At some point there will probably be a woman out there tromping in the woods at the same time as you and you can strike up a conversation. A more natural way to meet, start a friendship and see how it goes. If it goes nowhere oh well, you just grew your social circle.

iam 69. been dating 2 plus years. i have met on line 6 different ladies in there 20s - 30s that say that they cant find ANY good men in there age range.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back