Who likes To BBQ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We BarBQ all winter long outside. It's always the season to grill, at home out on the back porch in sub-freezing weather, in the ice fishing shack on the stove, at the lake, whatever. Only limitation is propane gells at about -35, so you might need to bring the tank indoors for a few hours before you go out to cook the steaks. If you've got a Natural Gas BBQ even that won't stop you.

I also do it indoors for small meals with my Japanese Butane stove and a cast iron griddle (use the stove for wok cooking as well).

Note: Propane not safe indoors. Butane OK.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008R7OOJ6/ref=s9_acsd_hps_bw_c_x_5_w

Mmmmmmm, nice set up!
01.gif

Originally Posted By: Shannow
So what are the catalyst pellets in the T-piece to the left...there ARE catalyst pellets there aren't there ?

LOL no catalytic cooking for me! Just 100% hardwood charcoal and hardwood cooking woods like wild cherry, pecan, oak, shagbark hickory, or mesquite as availability and the mood for flavor profile strikes me. I'm guessing you're looking at the pic of the holes in my diffuser plate through the lower food grate picture?

I reckon some sanctimonious folks with different perspectives and life experiences would want me to put a catalytic converter followed by a wet scrubber on the exhaust stack though, for my own good as well as the future generations! Not happening . . .

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: gman2304
NICE ! My old Weber kettle never looked so inadequate.
frown.gif

No need for pit envy LOL a kettle grill can turn out plenty of great finished product, although I confess I've never owned one - but I've used them at places we've rented to stay at on vacation trips.

Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en
You garage area with double doors looks overall as wide (or wider) than your home area.

Perspective of the angle of the picture. That house was 2 story 2800 square feet, three car garage on 0.5 acre wedge shaped yard with covered patio with ceiling fan and seperate concrete pad for my patio size cookers in the center of a short cul-de-sac. With a street beside us and another behind us we wound up with 6 neighbors sharing our property lines, it just seemed crowded to me. Biggest advantage was minimal sidewalk to shovel in winter.

That area was extremely flat - it made South Texas look positively alpine. It would flood frequently downtown when the Blanchard River would come out of its banks. That subdivision on the outskirts of town didn't flood while we lived there but did shortly after we moved to SA. Here's a pic of that event from some friends still living in that neighborhood, bad for basements!

Originally Posted By: Bud
Cheers from Katy. Nice looking rig. And I love me some brisket.

Howdy back atcha! My wife's parents retired to the West Houston area near Katy, they sold their house snd moved to Eagle's Trace retirement community on Hwy 6 just south of I10 a few years back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back