Who has gone Mobil 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been using M! since the middle 1970's and it is my go to oil unless there is a sale on other oils.

I've used it in the past with no complaints and will again when it's on sale. And no, it didn't make my engine noisy.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by CT8
I have been using M! since the middle 1970's and it is my go to oil unless there is a sale on other oils.

Was that actually the 1870s CT8 ???

lol.gif

Just messing with ya... Hope that you and your family are doing good. Good to see you on here.

I used it pretty consistently in my previous vehicle where 0w20 was specified (2014 Mazda 5 2.5L). In my new Kia, it's QSUD 5w30.

I've used M1 5W-30 in my Tacoma since its first oil change. It's never had anything else in it, and I switched to the EP at around 75,000 miles. 221,000 miles now and no oil consumption over my 10,000 mile OCIs. Never had the check engine light on.

I've also used the 75W-90 in the diff since 100K with no issues.

Incidentally, I use the Toyota WS transmission fluid (I've done a total tranny fluid swap twice - first at 100K, then again at 200K), and ive heard it's an Exxon-Mobil product. Never a single transmission problem either.

Used it religiously with my new Nissan 720 pickup in the early 80's. I justified the cost by having 6K drain intervals instead of 3k which is what conscientious people did back then. It was so good that it took 30k for the engine to break in. I just started getting better mileage all of a sudden. Finally lost an argument with a cow at 238k. For a carbureted car that was remarkable.

Quit with my new F150. I knew that M-1 was now a group 3 just like Motorcraft and the $39 Quicklane changes ( with tire rotation) was too cheap to justify the extra expense and trouble of doing it myself.

Last edited:
Was big into M1 back in the late 1990's. Then had a brief run with the Royal Purple back when it had Synerlec and wasn't the neutered version that they sell now. Then it was Pennzoil/Quaker Synthetic with the Hyundai and up til 150k on the Honda.. Now it's Redline oil.

I've always used Mobil 1 in everything that had an engine since the early 80's. These days, I think the only really good Mobil 1 is the EP's. When they lost that ruling with Castrol, I believe they started to "cheapen" their products but not in price. I just don't believe that highly refined crude oil is a synthetic.(GRP lll) I've been using more Valvoline because I believe they are excellent oils and are cheaper than Mobil 1. Both seem to have Grp lll bases. So why pay more.

Yeah … done for a good while … but two of them are 8 quart engines …

Originally Posted by 4WD
Certainly making a homecoming buying my 9th/10th/11th jugs of AP today

How often do you change the Mobil 1 AP in your Tahoe? I assume you use 0w20 in your Tahoe.

Tahoe and Z71 both … the OLM lets me do up to 7k OCI's … bc of my schedule I sometimes change around 6k …

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back