Which wheel hub brand to get from rockauto? (no wheel bearing)

I just looked at Rockauto. It appear the front hub + bearing kits by those three brands still require the hub and bearing to be pressed together.

When looking at the bearing only, there are several good brands: Timken (picture shows NTN), SKF, SCHAEFFLER (F.A.G.).

I would be tempted to buy a bearing from one of the good brands, then one of the less expensive hub + bearing kits. That way you get the hub, nut, and lock ring along with a quality bearing. Then chunk the cheapo bearing.

You could also look at buying or renting the tools to separate the bearing from the hub. Depending on the condition of the existing, it may or may not separate without a fuss. But I absolutely would not go about this without the new hub in hand. Sometimes the path of least resistance costs a bit more, but its worth it to save frustration.

Good luck.

thanks, i saw there was raybesto front hub and bearing but the reviews on amazon show crazy rust. Do you think fixing the issue side and leaving the other side alone (since nothing is wrong) is a good idea? I am getting 50/50 on it

Last edited:
I just looked at Rockauto. It appear the front hub + bearing kits by those three brands still require the hub and bearing to be pressed together.

When looking at the bearing only, there are several good brands: Timken (picture shows NTN), SKF, SCHAEFFLER (F.A.G.).

I would be tempted to buy a bearing from one of the good brands, then one of the less expensive hub + bearing kits. That way you get the hub, nut, and lock ring along with a quality bearing. Then chunk the cheapo bearing.

You could also look at buying or renting the tools to separate the bearing from the hub. Depending on the condition of the existing, it may or may not separate without a fuss. But I absolutely would not go about this without the new hub in hand. Sometimes the path of least resistance costs a bit more, but its worth it to save frustration.

Good luck.

The Beck/Arnley brand is rebranded koyo as seen in the picture on rockauto which is also a good brand i trust

• Love
Reactions: D60
RockAuto doesn't have any "Standard Replacement" hub/bearing assemblies just for the front; they're all rears. Weird.

The Beck/Arnley brand is rebranded koyo as seen in the picture on rockauto which is also a good brand i trust
B/A tends to change suppliers often for parts; I wouldn't necessarily trust the picture. It might be up-to-date, or it might be 10 years old. B/A isn't the same outfit they once were.

Same could go for Timken as well, but I have seen NTN or Koyo in Timken boxes before. It's a roll of the dice.

Great news
B/A tends to change suppliers often for parts; I wouldn't necessarily trust the picture. It might be up-to-date, or it might be 10 years old. B/A isn't the same outfit they once were.

Same could go for Timken as well, but I have seen NTN or Koyo in Timken boxes before. It's a roll of the dice.

that is true, just got my rockauto B/A wheel bearing and it is Koyo so I am happy :)

Reactions: D60
Back